#SWFC vs HULL CITY - Ticket Details released

I know this gets done to death every time prices are announced, but it is the opening home game and will command a higher price.  The club (Chairman) could be called robdogs and any other such insult you can sling at them, if they were charging these prices to generate bigger profits for the benefit of greedy shareholders, but that is no the case is it?  The Chairman said he will invest as much as he can, but we as fans will have to do out part, and the best way to do that is to invest in the club by paying slightly higher prices whilst getting to watch better football (last season excluded of course :ph34r:).  We could go rattling tins at Rotherham's ground I suppose but that would be tinpot, literally!  We can't surely expect a rich sugar daddy to keep feeding us and give nothing back in return?  An unpopular stance maybe, but just my humble opinion.  Bring on the season, lets get cracking.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, Striggy said:

I know this gets done to death every time prices are announced, but it is the opening home game and will command a higher price.  The club (Chairman) could be called robdogs and any other such insult you can sling at them, if they were charging these prices to generate bigger profits for the benefit of greedy shareholders, but that is no the case is it?  The Chairman said he will invest as much as he can, but we as fans will have to do out part, and the best way to do that is to invest in the club by paying slightly higher prices whilst getting to watch better football (last season excluded of course :ph34r:).  We could go rattling tins at Rotherham's ground I suppose but that would be tinpot, literally!  We can't surely expect a rich sugar daddy to keep feeding us and give nothing back in return?  An unpopular stance maybe, but just my humble opinion.  Bring on the season, lets get cracking.

Fans want to invest- the point is they physically can’t afford it. 

6 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Ticket prices have been the highest in the clubs history but season ticket sales and attendances have been highest for years.

Same with replica kits

With this in mind how can anyone say the fans have not backed the Chairman?

season ticket holders are pressured into renewing because that's the state of ticket prices for 1 off home games, clever but also unfair

way too much that, Hull gonna be paying £39 for their 1st away game of season whilst we pay £28 for same level of football week before... summit not reyt there

17 minutes ago, Striggy said:

No set of fans anywhere in the country are playing their part more than we are bearing in mind the level we play at  and the local economy.

its US that are putting the money in as well you know....especially for the last couple of years

You keep sticking up for him if you want, but it will end in tears.

Edited by upperwinngardensowl

Really feel for the fans who have to pick and choose the games they go to because of financial issues. These prices will make it even harder now and with membership prices having their pants down can see walk ups dropping by 50%

19 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Fans have been fleeced for four years now, have given absolutely everything they can, and we're still in the same division. 

The fans have done their bit, Chansiri has let us all down. 

42 minutes ago, g-owls said:

If you're on the wind up then so be it..

If you're being serious then you obviously don't realise that not everyone is in a position to attend every game, even if they wanted to.

Chansiri has priced these people out.

Good, true fans only. Less waiting for a slash and a beer.

22 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

season ticket holders are pressured into renewing because that's the state of ticket prices for 1 off home games, clever but also unfair

way too much that, Hull gonna be paying £39 for their 1st away game of season whilst we pay £28 for same level of football week before... summit not reyt there

This was his aim at the Outset. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Fail to see how extortionate match day prices will convince people to buy extortionate season tickets. I'm no marketing guru, but that model doesn't work for me. 

Season ticket prices aren't extortionate in comparison to match day prices. IMO of course

2 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Season ticket prices aren't extortionate in comparison to match day prices. IMO of course

By comparison, no. In isolation, yes. As per my previous post, we are on the cusp of a big issue. 000's of 3 year deals are due for renewal in March, and another season like the one just gone and DC may be going into bat with Boycotts mother in laws celery stick. 

36 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

No set of fans anywhere in the country are playing their part more than we are bearing in mind the level we play at  and the local economy.

its US that are putting the money in as well you know....especially for the last couple of years

You keep sticking up for him if you want, but it will end in tears.

The point I am trying to make is he is not robbing or fleecing us to make money for himself, or to pay large dividends to greedy shareholders.  He has set out his structure to invest as much as he can in the team with the aim of promotion to the Premier League.  We have attracted a better class of player than we have for a long time, some have worked out, some have not, and we came close, but ultimately failed.  Money, investment and dreams cannot guarantee promotion, just ask Villa.  We all know what the score is, and although this season we might have to trim our cloth a bit, we need to stick with it.

39 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Fans have been fleeced for four years now, have given absolutely everything they can, and we're still in the same division. 

The fans have done their bit, Chansiri has let us all down. 

If you are wanting guaranteed success for your money, and the Chairman's investment then i think FIFA or FM computer games are they way to go.  Life's not like that, he set his stall out, and had a good go, but fell that little short.  We now need to consolidate and get ready to go again. 

The alternative to the fans being fleeced (or doing their bit) and if FFP would allow, would be for the Chairman to put more and more of his own money for little return, but then again these days it seems that everyone wants something for nowt, for someone else to pay.