I want our owl back

4 hours ago, East Suffolk Owl said:

Got to agree I far prefer the old new badge to the new old badge make over..

it would be nice to still be able to buy some merchandise with with the old new badge motif on just for us ole  luddites :rolleyes:

you can buy the retro kits online and in the club shop. Those still have the old (new) owl on them.

6 hours ago, Maxine said:

I agree with you on the owl, the new one is horrible but I don't think the kit is rank not perfect because of the plain back but still pretty decent.

Well said Norman lol

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 2

The recent change was just another of the unnecessary and Ill thought out changes since chansiri took over.

was just daft.

The new old badge would look great if it matched the colour of our shirt imo.

The minimalist crest is iconic because it symbolises the best period of our history in modern times. This new era is taking a bloody long time to get started but when it does and we have some happy memories associated with this crest you'll grow fonder of it only for it to be replaced by a new moniker for the next era and generation of fans. Will the era live up to the 80s and 90s who knows I can't wait to find out.

I like them both, have the new old one on the left of the shirt and the squiggly owl on the right of the next shirt. Well we have enough advertising on shirts, two badges not that radical. 

ps I think we beat Sunderland 2-0 in 1965 I went with my dad and we had Sunderland fans chanting behind us in the main (now  South) stand. I thought it was brilliant at that time, if Wednesday fans got excited in the main stand they used to stamp their feet and clap off course, only saying !

This is funny, I remember when the Insignia changed in the early 1970's, and the English doctor (a surgeon) who was our most immediate neighbor, was fit to be tied, because...

The Sheaves of Sheffield were gone, so was the White (?) Rose of Sheffield.  It wasn't so much the style of the Owl, and no branch, as it was no Sheaves & Rose.

He said the Rose was "sacred insignia" to all "Yorkshire Men", and the Sheaves were the insignia of Sheffield before the days of steel.  And here we are, 45 years later, having the same conversation, only this time in favor of the "modern-art" Owl...

14 hours ago, LSOwls said:

The new badge is abysmal.

It's no coincidence that the largest pop star in the world copied the 70s badge rather than the new one.

Derby have the best badge in the EFL

Was it  ADELE,  that did it ?

lol

The previous one is just objectively better as a logo.  Simple, extremely recognisable, can be easily drawn by kids on a pencil case/school-book/etc.  I would imagine the majority of football fans would recognise it and any SWFC fan would be able to draw it fairly accurately from memory without looking at a picture.

The new one with the eye-boobs is too complex and not memorable at all. 

Edited by owlinexile

14 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just so classy...

178817489_WednesdayProgramme.thumb.jpg.a32d9a94ffb94e46ac05d8414fb40976.jpg

Sat 23 Oct  SUNDERLAND.............. 3-1     21,381   John Hickton 2, Colin Dobson

One of highlights of a disappointing season in league finishing just outside relegation zone.

Though we did reach the FA Cup final.