I want our owl back

Guest Grez Bez

The new badge is abysmal.

It's no coincidence that the largest pop star in the world copied the 70s badge rather than the new one.

Derby have the best badge in the EFL

3 hours ago, UDMURT said:

Have kept stum until now ....

But I want our owl back. Beautiful, unique, classic, recognisable. Had it on out in Russia a people who have never even watched a Wednesday game on TV recognised it straight away. Why do clubs insist on a rebrand and a so called move forward. Our new badge does nothing for us. Previous iterations such as on the orange 2000's kit were better even. It's old news but I dont care. Blinded by nostalgia maybe but it's just fact, if it aint broke don't fix it and actually I am ashamed to be part of the masses who rolled over and had their belly tickled with a tuna and said nothing about it. New kits are rank  (not that I buy them anyway) and the owl on pills hand sewn by a one armed 90 year old thai factory worker is just the cherry. 

Phew, gonna go and sit down. Season probably needs to start soon

If the Club did not do rebrands then you would have never have had your cherished Owl in the first place, we would still have has something very similar to what we now have.

Your opinion would perhaps be better put across without the insults

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

3 hours ago, UDMURT said:

I reckon it would be hard to find someone who genuinely thinks this one is better. Almost everyone alive sees that as our badge and the reasons for changing it were not valid. Constant harking back to a bygone era is pointless. If anything simplifying the design back to the bukta kits would have been symbolic and celebratory of our history rather than this startled thing on a twig 

I prefer the new badge. There I’ve said it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UDMURT said:

Have kept stum until now ....

But I want our owl back. Beautiful, unique, classic, recognisable. Had it on out in Russia a people who have never even watched a Wednesday game on TV recognised it straight away. Why do clubs insist on a rebrand and a so called move forward. Our new badge does nothing for us. Previous iterations such as on the orange 2000's kit were better even. It's old news but I dont care. Blinded by nostalgia maybe but it's just fact, if it aint broke don't fix it and actually I am ashamed to be part of the masses who rolled over and had their belly tickled with a tuna and said nothing about it. New kits are rank  (not that I buy them anyway) and the owl on pills hand sewn by a one armed 90 year old thai factory worker is just the cherry. 

Phew, gonna go and sit down. Season probably needs to start soon

Agree with you on the quality of the kits and the sewing, etc. Very cheap looking in the main. As for the logo, I like the “new” crest and as others have said the previous one isn’t our original either. 

Guest Grez Bez
Just now, darklord said:

To be fair all the major worldwide brands are highly detailed, art nouveau designs. 

Not simple clean untidy logos.

not sure if serious :ph34r: