Sorry another Hirst thread

As above but I couldn’t be bothered to search for other one I’m in hospital at moment lol.

i can’t believe the little @rse hole done it to Wednesday if I’m honest what a cunning crafty move from Leicester it’s a joke.

anyway what the purpose of this was for someone to help clarify it why is that a loophole when clearly everyone knows he will go to Leicester but they avoid the fee??? Surely something can be done ???

3 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

As above but I couldn’t be bothered to search for other one I’m in hospital at moment lol.

i can’t believe the little @rse hole done it to Wednesday if I’m honest what a cunning crafty move from Leicester it’s a joke.

anyway what the purpose of this was for someone to help clarify it why is that a loophole when clearly everyone knows he will go to Leicester but they avoid the fee??? Surely something can be done ???

All it would take is for the premier league to refuse to sanction Hirst`s " Transfer" to Leicester when it happens. 

• Haha 1

Do kind of hope this 'deal' is being investigated - but I won't hold my breath

Why a PL club who seem happy to pay £12m for a reserve keeper should resort to exploiting a loop hole in order to 'acquire' a 19yr old academy prospect, especially when there have been previous suggestions of 'tapping up', seems ... suspect at best, or else downright crooked

I was talking to someone who watched the latest u19 game and said the lad Brereton looked like the real deal, obviously been on forests first team quite a bit so more experience than Hirst but he said George looked a bit too lightweight 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I was talking to someone who watched the latest u19 game and said the lad Brereton looked like the real deal, obviously been on forests first team quite a bit so more experience than Hirst but he said George looked a bit too lightweight 

Hirst certainly did look lightweight the season before last. I watched the team a fair bit that season and on what I saw wouldn't have fancied Hirst for a first team squad at that stage.

This perhaps cuts both ways, however. Quite often 17 year olds dominate in their age group because they've bulked up ahead of their peers. When the others catch up, the picture changes. So arguably, if Hirst is strong among his age group now, that's more likely to be sustained if its not a function of early growth.

On the other hand, it's interesting that the big clubs evidently ran their slide rules over him, and decided against. For now, at least.

Is it about time we put an end to the George Hirst threads.

He has gone now and good luck to the lad.

What ever the real story is we will probably never know and I very much

doubt the EPL or the FA will give two hoots as to Leicester City's shenanigans

buying a pub team in Belgium to avoid paying fees for academy players.

Leicester City's actions reflect EPL football in the 21st century and the overseas

owners and grubby agents who have turned up at our shores with the intention of lining their pockets with SKY money.

David Hirst has lost the respect of most Wednesday supporters. That is something he will have to live with, but he will no longer be welcome at Hillsbrough, he can ask his mate Dave Richards how that feels.

So I hope you were well paid for your role in your sons transfer David the beer in Belgium is 15 to 19 euros per pint.

Now is the time to move on, a new season awaits with a new manager and

at least eight young lads who are pushing for a first team place.So lets put the past behind us and move on. Forget about the Hirsts and look forward to this new season...

7 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Is it about time we put an end to the George Hirst threads.

He has gone now and good luck to the lad.

What ever the real story is we will probably never know and I very much

doubt the EPL or the FA will give two hoots as to Leicester City's shenanigans

buying a pub team in Belgium to avoid paying fees for academy players.

Leicester City's actions reflect EPL football in the 21st century and the overseas

owners and grubby agents who have turned up at our shores with the intention of lining their pockets with SKY money.

David Hirst has lost the respect of most Wednesday supporters. That is something he will have to live with, but he will no longer be welcome at Hillsbrough, he can ask his mate Dave Richards how that feels.

So I hope you were well paid for your role in your sons transfer David the beer in Belgium is 15 to 19 euros per pint.

Now is the time to move on, a new season awaits with a new manager and

at least eight young lads who are pushing for a first team place.So lets put the past behind us and move on. Forget about the Hirsts and look forward to this new season...

That’s a bit extreme, I’m fairly sure the majority of wednesdayites would still welcome Hirst snr at the club , and rightly so 

though I would have appreciated a bit of dialogue from there side of the story, but it’s water under the bridge now 

30 minutes ago, 114mphAndRising said:

We should make an official complaint now about it, so the FA are aware that we know exactly how this is going to pan out and that Leicester are conning the Academy system. If this had happened to another club I’m sure the national press would’ve picked up on it a bit more.

I believe you are right . SWFC should make a complaint to the FA. Mr Chansiri ought to ask David Blunkett or someone similar to intervene on our behalf by writing to the FA...