Tom Lees

Guest Arcadianrocket

Guest Arcadianrocket

Lees has been absolutely brilliant for us since he signed.

For me he is still our most under rated and under appreciated player at the whole club. He is an absolute rock and without him towards the back end of last season, it does not bear thinking about. I think the best way to sum Lees up is the Brighton away playoff match. Watch then two blocks when they are on the siege, those two blocks one after another shows the heart,passion and robustness he plays with.

This leads me onto my point.

Where is the appreciation with a song like Bannan, FF etc all have. He is just as deserving. It's Lewis Buxton all over again.

1 minute ago, Arcadianrocket said:

For me he is still our most under rated and under appreciated player at the whole club. He is an absolute rock and without him towards the back end of last season, it does not bear thinking about. I think the best way to sum Lees up is the Brighton away playoff match. Watch then two blocks when they are on the siege, those two blocks one after another shows the heart,passion and robustness he plays with.

This leads me onto my point.

Where is the appreciation with a song like Bannan, FF etc all have. He is just as deserving. It's Lewis Buxton all over again.

He falls into the category of defenders that just love defending. He’s a brilliant player. I want us to bring in a captain who he can play with at the back whether that’s in a 3 or a conventional back 4. He’s not a big enough talker for me. 

If Tom Lees can just concentrate on defending without the burden of captaincy, he’s as good as anyone in this league. 

I don't think Tom Lees is underrated by most of us to be fair mate, not by me anyhow. 

He was seriously missed when he was injured and goes about his job quietly and efficiently.

One or two more headed goals would be valuable though and would put him nearer to the Pearson/Lyons bracket imo.

Agree with the OP, he is an excellent defender One thing to remember though, he had an excellent partner in Glenn Loovens As a pair, they were great, gelling to make a rock solid barrier We can’t underestimate the value of a good pairing

Guest Arcadianrocket
34 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah, he’s basically just created this thread to drop this in because nobody paid any attention when he made it up in the other one.

Or maybe it just made me re-think how important he is and if he did leave how a lot of this forum would not blink an eye and probably retort we have JVA.As they saw him do a nice cross field ball into the crowd once.

13 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Or maybe it just made me re-think how important he is and if he did leave how a lot of this forum would not blink an eye and probably retort we have JVA.As they saw him do a nice cross field ball into the crowd once.

Pudil and Lees , solid 

14 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Haha if we sold Lee's you wouldn't even be able to get on here, meltdown comes to mind. 

I'd go for

we all love Lees and Lees and Lees

Lees and Lees and Lees and Lees

Lees and Lees and Lees

We all flipping love Lees

Followed by 

We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds etc

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arcadianrocket said:

I'd agree he's a decent player at this level, but some people were slagging him off last season for not playing as well as the season before, especially his passing game

1 hour ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Shame it takes making something up to get your cogs turning but whatever works I guess.

Guest Bulgaria
31 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I'd go for

we all love Lees and Lees and Lees

Lees and Lees and Lees and Lees

Lees and Lees and Lees

We all flipping love Lees

Followed by 

We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds etc

That's actually rather good.