Take a leaf SWFC...

Well done Watford.

Don’t see how anyone can neg the article, it’s a great gesture to those fans that have travelled across the country. 

The letter from Deeney is great too and isn’t the usual PC Template Thank You letter. 

It's a meaningless gesture when money is meaningless but it could tip us into the abyss. They could give away tickets - they're in the premier league earning 10x + more than we are. Just not practical right now.

Edited by TrueOwl

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

We need to make more money, not less.  It's a great sentiment but Watford can afford to throw money away, we really really can't.

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Good gesture; but I’d imagine they only gave away about 40 shirts 

51 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

It's a meaningless gesture when money is meaningless but it could tip us into the abyss. They could give away tickets - they're in the premier league earning 10x + more than we are. Just not practical right now.

Why do I disagree.    See above 3 posts.

By the way, since when has it been necessary to explain reasons for disagreements on OT:picnic:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Why do you disagree @oldtawnyowl?

A strange reaction from someone who has posted over 800 "disagrees" themselves.

Have you had to justify all those,  slinger208b.:rolleyes:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

20 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

A strange reaction from someone who has posted over 800 "disagrees" themselves.

Have you had to justify all those,  slinger208b.:rolleyes:

No because I believe the down arrow has only recently represented "disagree" but furrymuff...

Edited by slinger208b

2 hours ago, slinger208b said:

If we were swimming in premier league millions we could probably afford to do the same. Nothing that happens in the premier league relates to the real world of football. 

• Haha 1

Why do I disagree?

a) It's not fantastic from Watford. They are giving a free shirt to those who went to all 19 away league games last season. How many would that be? It's a gesture, bit of PR, no more. With the money in the EPL "fantastic" would be to reduce match day prices to a nominal £1. Gate receipts are trivial compared to TV money.

b) The dig at SWFC, having to take note. I'm not sure how much it would cost Wednesday to do similar, (I suspect that we have more attend every away game than Watford) but compared to Watford, it will be a significant hit to the club's finance.

• Haha 1

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

Thought this was gonna be a thread about pooing outside! 

#Disappointed :picnic:

This deserved more recognition than it got.