Matias

never rated him until the performance he put in against reading in the cup which was outstanding but one game later he was out injured again ……..one i'd be looking to move on asap though I doubt anyone would take him if they had to match his wages here . 

Too flakey of mind and body.

62 minutes and 432 minutes played over the last two seasons. He’s young and carries no weight. There’s something massively wrong.

If Jos can work on his mind and body maybe we will get ~1000 minutes out of him over the season to give Forestieri and Joao some time off. That would be a nice bonus.

14 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I genuinely think he's been unlucky with injuries. 

You cannot fault his work rate or appetite when he has played...in fact, he always seems like he's playing to really prove a point...too much so. 

But, for me, there's absolutely no doubt, that, if he can stay fit (big if), he could be a very valuable squad player to have. 

He's a viable rotation option for Forestieri, has linkd up well with Nuhiu and Joao previously. He's far more suited to the system we played late last season (3-4-3), on paper at least, than Fletcher, Winnall or Hooper is. It'll be interesting what Luhukay can get out of him. There's no doubt he showed glimpses of real talent when Jos first arrived. 

Big season for him. If he stays fit, I wouldn't put it past him to earn a new deal. 

This all day long. Big year 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A couple of goals he scored in his first season were lucky. The wonder goal (great skill to get in position and turn the defender inside out) came of his shin. Then a deflection v Boro.

Let's have rid.

And he was equally unlucky not to score more.

Shin or not the goal against leeds wasn't down to luck.

FFS.

Guest Jack the Hat
14 hours ago, GerOwl said:

I foresee a typical Wednesday situation here. Matias will be fit as a fiddle this year, play brilliantly, score loads and then leave on a free at the end of the season. 

Or play well the last couple of months, earn a new deal then get injured again!

33 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Too flakey of mind and body.

62 minutes and 432 minutes played over the last two seasons. He’s young and carries no weight. There’s something massively wrong.

If Jos can work on his mind and body maybe we will get ~1000 minutes out of him over the season to give Forestieri and Joao some time off. That would be a nice bonus.

12 league games in 3 years with a few cameo subs appearance thrown in ..at a conservative estimate of 2 million fee and 10k a week wages that works out at £ 291k a start ….chuck in the other crocks and it's not hard to see why we are in a financial mess .  

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

12 league games in 3 years with a few cameo subs appearance thrown in ..at a conservative estimate of 2 million fee and 10k a week wages that works out at £ 291k a start ….chuck in the other crocks and it's not hard to see why we are in a financial mess .  

I think we only have two genuine “crocks”, in Matias and Abdi. Their availability record is ludicrous, added to which Matias has been sent off twice in quick succession which suggests he is almost a hopeless case unless Jos can work some magic.

Hutch comes close, though again Jos might be able to calm him down. He is his own worst enemy making lunging tackles that risk injury to even the healthiest specimen, let alone the fragile Hutch. However, his injury record when played at the back is spotless. Personally I think he is one of our best CBs by some distance. Others disagree. Again personally I think him overrated in CM, and his injury record there is dire.

Hooper, Forestieri and Fletcher have had a few dodgy seasons injury-wise, but I think we will see them handled better now and rotated. It will test fans’ patience because they hate seeing their favourites ‘dropped’ when playing well. But in a 50-55 game season, and with players in their late 20s and early 30s it’s the only sensible approach. Plus, we have an army of forwards and Joao, Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher and Nuhiu are a terrifying group if they can be kept much fitter.

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think we only have two genuine “crocks”, in Matias and Abdi. Their availability record is ludicrous, added to which Matias has been sent off twice in quick succession which suggests he is almost a hopeless case unless Jos can work some magic.

Hutch comes close, though again Jos might be able to calm him down. He is his own worst enemy making lunging tackles that risk injury to even the healthiest specimen, let alone the fragile Hutch. However, his injury record when played at the back is spotless. Personally I think he is one of our best CBs by some distance. Others disagree. Again personally I think him overrated in CM, and his injury record there is dire.

Hooper, Forestieri and Fletcher have had a few dodgy seasons injury-wise, but I think we will see them handled better now and rotated. It will test fans’ patience because they hate seeing their favourites ‘dropped’ when playing well. But in a 50-55 game season, and with players in their late 20s and early 30s it’s the only sensible approach. Plus, we have an army of forwards and Joao, Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher and Nuhiu are a terrifying group if they can be kept much fitter.

100% with you  on where hutch should play …...

15 hours ago, GerOwl said:

I foresee a typical Wednesday situation here. Matias will be fit as a fiddle this year, play brilliantly, score loads and then leave on a free at the end of the season. 

Love it. We get promoted into the bargain and get an upgrade, no problem as FFP won't matter anymore.

16 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

How is it he seems to be in every training photo, taking part smiling etc (not just this year but previous seasons) and then can’t seem to play any match, and the few matches he’s played over the past 3 years whilst stealing a living he seems to break down? 

An answer we’ll probably never get 

Probably gets injured smiling in those photos 

16 hours ago, Watson said:

If he can maintain his fitness he will be a terrific player for us, reads the game so well, needs other players around him who are on the same wavelength.

I'm one of the world's greatest jugglers....but I've got a bad wrist.