Matias

I really do wonder whether this year with a full preseason under Jos and a much greater emphasis on fitness of players, we will see far less of players sat on the physio table.  It really could be that some of these players like Matias and Abdi that came with so much promise actually do finally earn their wage

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jpk3lly said:

I really do wonder whether this year with a full preseason under Jos and a much greater emphasis on fitness of players, we will see far less of players sat on the physio table.  It really could be that some of these players like Matias and Abdi that came with so much promise actually do finally earn their wage

Not sure Abdi going to be high up the pecking order for Jos. 

38 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

I foresee a typical Wednesday situation here. Matias will be fit as a fiddle this year, play brilliantly, score loads and then leave on a free at the end of the season. 

Or he’ll get injured come back for last 3/4 months have a blinder won another 3/4 year contract and be injured again.

20 minutes ago, jpk3lly said:

Common sense alert 

40 minutes ago, Jameswfc99 said:

I can see him being a truly valuable player to us, if he keeps fit he could make a huge difference imo. True, currently he is coming across as waste of wage but he has shown moments of true quality when he has played. Just need him to maintain fitness.

Such wisdom from a first time poster

• Thanks 1

My view on Matias *warning this doesn’t go along with the boooooring majority view that he’s an idle waster* ...

1. He wants to play and doesn’t want to be injured

2. He was an astute signing at the time, Ronaldo was the only Portuguese player to have scored mores in a European top division the season before we got him for less than £3m

3. His real problem was that CC abandoned his plans to play 4-2-3-1 sometime around September of his first season and then stubbornly stuck to 4-4-2 which doesn’t suit Matias who is a natural wife forward. In his first couple of seasons this was more often the reason he didn’t play than injury. 

4. He is one of the most skilful players at the club. See Leeds away. 

5. A front three of: Matias - Joao - Forestieri has the potential to scare the living daylights out of most Championship defences. 

Anyway off to find me tin hat ...

Edited by beloved_aunt
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

My view on Matias *warning this doesn’t go along with the boooooring majority view that he’s an idle waster* ...

1. He wants to play and doesn’t want to be injured

2. He was an astute signing at the time, Ronaldo was the only Portuguese player to have scored mores in a European top division the season before we got him for less than £3m

3. His real problem was that CC abandoned his plans to play 4-2-3-1 sometime around September of his first season and then stubbornly stuck to 4-4-2 which doesn’t suit Matias who is a natural wife forward. In his first couple of seasons this was more often the reason he didn’t play than injury. 

4. He is one of the most skilful players at the club. See Leeds away. 

5. A front three of: Matias - Joao - Forestieri has the potential to scare the living daylights out of most Championship defences. 

Anyway off to find me tin hat ...

If he proves the above in training, then surely he'll get game time. Either way, nothing to lose 

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

How is it he seems to be in every training photo, taking part smiling etc (not just this year but previous seasons) and then can’t seem to play any match, and the few matches he’s played over the past 3 years whilst stealing a living he seems to break down? 

An answer we’ll probably never get 

Little man syndrome!

Gets sent off for fun

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

How is it he seems to be in every training photo, taking part smiling etc (not just this year but previous seasons) and then can’t seem to play any match, and the few matches he’s played over the past 3 years whilst stealing a living he seems to break down? 

An answer we’ll probably never get 

Was fit for a good part of last season and not selected by you know who.

Should really have been brought back in gradually.

Then expected to play full games due to injury crisis and guess what gets an injured again.

I rate him and keen to see if he can stay fit with the proper training and conditioning that now seems to be the order of the day.

This guy something we lack....pace coupled with real skill.

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Was fit for a good part of last season and not selected by you know who.

Should really have been brought back in gradually.

Then expected to play full games due to injury crisis and guess what gets an injured again.

I rate him and keen to see if he can stay fit with the proper training and conditioning that now seems to be the order of the day.

This guy something we lack....pace coupled with real skill.

He’s been shocking most of the time. One good goal, a few missed chances, stupid red card and a collection of neshed tackles. A classic example of a player who gets better by the simple act of not playing. He’s like a Portuguese Heffernan. 

If he does come good it’ll be a r8 turn up. 

5 hours ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Little man syndrome!

Gets sent off for fun

What do you mean,

"LITTLE MAN SYNDROME"

He's an inch and a half taller than me !

Any more comments like that and he'll come round and

"Knock your Block off"!

lol

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Watson said:

If he can maintain his fitness he will be a terrific player for us, reads the game so well, needs other players around him who are on the same wavelength.

Damn that's the second time I've agreed with you watson, we'll have to stop it otherwise people will start talking lol

Edited by s73owl

9 hours ago, Watson said:

Couldn't have worded it better myself.

That's 3 times now, stop it :tango: (ps) there's nothing going on between watson and myself 

Honestly there isn't lol

Edited by s73owl
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, np pontefract said:

What do you mean,

"LITTLE MAN SYNDROME"

He's an inch and a half taller than me !

Any more comments like that and he'll come round and

"Knock your Block off"!

lol

To be fair hes taller than meWTF:

12 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

His first few games for us I thought he looked the real deal and was tremendously unlucky not to score more goals.

FFS.

A couple of goals he scored in his first season were lucky. The wonder goal (great skill to get in position and turn the defender inside out) came of his shin. Then a deflection v Boro.

Let's have rid.

• Haha 1