Loovens to Sunderland

I think many on here are just forgetting how terrible Loovens has become these last 12 months.

He can't run, he can't pass a ball, he's that slow he can't tackle properly anymore (see ball destroyer v Ipswich and red card v Pigs)! Only thing he is good for is his leadership qualities, but they already know that doesn't count for much really, John O'Shea prime example.

How another professional club has decided to take him on I don't know. Good luck to the lad, he was a fantastic free agent pickup by DJ, the last act he had at this club. I hope he does well but think people are disrespecting L1 strikers by saying he'll be fine and get by with just his footballing brain. Him and O'Shea in a 2-man defence will be scary bad lol

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think many on here are just forgetting how terrible Loovens has become these last 12 months.

He can't run, he can't pass a ball, he's that slow he can't tackle properly anymore (see ball destroyer v Ipswich and red card v Pigs)! Only thing he is good for is his leadership qualities, but they already know that doesn't count for much really, John O'Shea prime example.

How another professional club has decided to take him on I don't know. Good luck to the lad, he was a fantastic free agent pickup by DJ, the last act he had at this club. I hope he does well but think people are disrespecting L1 strikers by saying he'll be fine and get by with just his footballing brain. Him and O'Shea in a 2-man defence will be scary bad lol

Clearly don't know the level between your own pub league team and a professional footballer. 

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It might be if O’Shea was still there but I am pretty sure he signed for somebody else.

Loovens is a more mobile replacement 

Just now, oldishowl said:

It might be if O’Shea was still there but I am pretty sure he signed for somebody else.

Loovens is a more mobile replacement 

He's gone Reading easy 6 points there then lol

Loovens more mobile lol Guessing you didn't see any of his last performances for us then?

Just now, oldishowl said:

It is not that long ago that him and Tom Lees got us to a penalty shootout against Huddersfield more or less on their own.

Loovens was brilliant those two games

He did. But he has regressed horrendously since then. 12 months is a long time in football.

Guest Willow Owl
29 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Show some respect, was a great servant for us before age caught up with him. Does not deserve these sort of comments, just to get some smiley face or a like. 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Show some respect, was a great servant for us before age caught up with him. Does not deserve these sort of comments, just to get some smiley face or a like. 

He's moved clubs not died.

Not bothered about likes either. Just saying my opinion.

No room for in sentiment in footy my friend.

A rolls Royce of a defender in his day and during his time with us, for a time at least.

Last season was horrendous and time appears to have caught up with him but for a free transfer must be one of the best pound for pound signings we’ve had. 

Good luck at Sunderland Glenn