Loovens to Sunderland

Too bad for Loovens - I definitely wish him well at Sunderland but I am predicting yet another drop for them to League 2 (might be wishful thinking because Sunderland are the team I absolutely hate the most... (not even Blades can take that spot))..... WAWAW

Came to us when no one else would, steadied the back line,  was Part of a back line that equaled our best ever defence record for two years running, excellent captain and servant I only wish we got him years before. But like everyone there time has come and it’s never nice to see a player in decline but he was on the whole excellent for us

Good Luck

hope you have a great season - minus the first round of the cup 

Edited by fpowl
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Wolves had successive relegations not so long ago. 

I wonder where they are now?

F00k, you got me beat.

Just checked the championship fixtures and nothing, no signs of them.

Just to make sure I wasn't losing the plot and they hadn't really come up I even checked the first division.

You're right mate they've gone, no where to be seen.

FFS.

57 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Wolves had successive relegations not so long ago. 

I wonder where they are now?

Absolutely. I’m sure Sunderland will bounce back in due course.

I was more just commenting that this is a pretty impressive move for GL on paper, given many Wednesdayites’ apparent view that it was high time to be hanging up the boots. I’m pleased for him that he’s not had to go to some completely anonymous foreign club if he feels he’s got another season or two in him at a decent level and is still keen to play rather than move straight into a backroom role.

(Also kinda glad he’s staying in UK for now, would love to see him in our backroom staff one day tbh.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LiamAP22D said:

Good luck to Glen Loovens at Sunderland I think they'll walk that league with the parachute payments they've got. 

Not convinced jack ross is that good to win a league down here in his first year............................just sayin like.