Jump to content
standerino

Unpopular opinion: Wednesday edition

Recommended Posts

Throw a SWFC opinion out there that you think most would disagree with or may be slightly controversial.

 

upset that stripes have come back? Think Dave Allen was a decent chairman? This is the place to get it off your chest. 

 

I will begin:

 

I think United will finish above us again this season. I think Wilder is a  Premier League manager. Hope I’m wrong. 

(Yes, indirectly that is Wednesday related)

  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pigs finishing above us, not a chance.  giphy-downsized-medium.gif.2addf0e6afd825c42cbb2522bc922792.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, standerino said:

Throw a SWFC opinion out there that you think most would disagree with or may be slightly controversial.

 

upset that stripes have come back? Think Dave Allen was a decent chairman? This is the place to get it off your chest. 

 

I will begin:

 

I think United will finish above us again this season. I think Wilder is a  Premier League manager. Hope I’m wrong. 

(Yes, indirectly that is Wednesday related)

 

 

Any team that finishes above us will be playing PL football in 20/21. Are you saying they're going up?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s great that people are reacting to my unpopular opinion - that’s what this thread is for. However, I’d also like to hear some of yours. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Leaving the EU is a bad idea

  • Like 4
  • Agree 20
  • Disagree 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

There are too many Sheffield Wednesday fans happy to accept mediocrity

Couldn't agree more. Oh sorry I've done it wrong haven't I 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HubristicClapper said:

Owlstalk does not talk for the majority of Wednesday fans.

 

It's a good ground to discuss things with likeminded people - even un-likeminded people who would never talk to each other in the real world, but it is not a huge pool of the every day fans.   

 

 

 

Very good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Watson said:

 

Very good point. 

 

Thank you my dear Watson!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Alcohol should be banned at football matches.

 

if you can't produce your sixteen pints or more certificate on demand you should be banned

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're the worst performers in terms of retail 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Watson said:

 

if you can't produce your sixteen pints or more certificate on demand you should be banned

Well I can't consume as much these days and when I try I'm up and down for a slash so we might as well ban it. Them young uns only get giddy and throw it about anyway.

Edited by Eastleigh Owl
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Well I can't consume as much these days and when I try I'm up and down for a slash so we might as well ban it. Them young uns only get giddy and throw it about anyway.

 

 

Tie a knot in it

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Woods gets a lot of unfair stick from Wednesday fans.

 

He dropped a couple of clangers in a few high profile games for us and fans find it difficult to look beyond that but he was an outstanding keeper and probably the best we’ve had over the last 30 years.

  • Agree 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...