Unpopular opinion: Wednesday edition

"We've got Bannan" song is dreadful.

Lee Bullen was a very average player and doesn't deserve his status as a club legend alongside the likes of Chris Waddle, David Hirst, Roland Nilsson, etc.

Hate that we STILL come out for the second half to "Hey! Ho! Let's go!".

'Massive' tag is embarrassing, even when used in a tongue-in-cheek context.

Irritates the hell out of me when people overuse abbreviations when writing about Wednesday on here or social media.... WAWAW...FTB...WTID...UTO.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, s73owl said:

I've got your back OG till it all kicks off and you turn round and ol 73 is nowhere to be seen lol

You weren't "Watching my back" Outside the Limit in 79 when the porkers kicked off !!

Lot of "big boys" ran off there that night .

Just left me n Black Dougy to 

"Shake hands with them"...

Ruined a good Shirt that night.. 

• Haha 2

What really gets on my wick is 'in Carlos we trust', 'in DC we trust' etc, over time these people have proven how little they know about football and general business sense.

But everytime someone makes a point that someone disagrees with we get the 'in so and so we trust' they know better rubbish.

If DC knew better for the second time in our 151 year history we would be two weeks from the season with no football shirts for the fans to buy would we, which cannot help FFP with the lost income again.

And relax............., Ice team and happy again garymegson

During DCs 3 and a half years at the club, we have signed 32 'first team' players. 

Only 4 were black or minority and only 2 actually played more than one game. That's 12.5% who were signed and 6.25% who played.

The national average for BAME players in a squad is 25%. That makes our numbers questionable at best. Something ain't quite right.

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You weren't "Watching my back" Outside the Limit in 79 when the porkers kicked off !!

Lot of "big boys" ran off there that night .

Just left me n Black Dougy to 

"Shake hands with them"...

Ruined a good Shirt that night.. 

'The Limit' way before my time, but I remember a few nights in Roxy's getting a bit tasty :duntmatter: one night they ran out of ice for the mixers.

• Haha 2

I wouldn’t be adverse to looking at plans for a new , modern, Amex type of stadium with a 40,000 capacity.

I still go weak at the knees whenever I visit Hillsborough, and when it’s rocking there are few better environments, but I’d still like the debate about “new and modern v old and traditional “

17 hours ago, standerino said:

Throw a SWFC opinion out there that you think most would disagree with or may be slightly controversial.

upset that stripes have come back? Think Dave Allen was a decent chairman? This is the place to get it off your chest. 

I will begin:

I think United will finish above us again this season. I think Wilder is a  Premier League manager. Hope I’m wrong. 

(Yes, indirectly that is Wednesday related)

Edited by Owling Wolfe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

We never have been a big club

1928 to 1935...

* 2 league titles

* 1 fa cup

* 1 charity shield 

* club record league win (9-1)

* club record attendance (72 841)

* club record league goals in a season (105)

* unbeaten at home in the league for an entire season, TWICE (1928/29 & 1934/35)

Admittedly a long, long time ago, but I'd say we were a big club back then.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

What really gets on my wick is 'in Carlos we trust', 'in DC we trust' etc, over time these people have proven how little they know about football and general business sense.

But everytime someone makes a point that someone disagrees with we get the 'in so and so we trust' they know better rubbish.

If DC knew better for the second time in our 151 year history we would be two weeks from the season with no football shirts for the fans to buy would we, which cannot help FFP with the lost income again.

And relax............., Ice team and happy again garymegson

Don't worry. 

I bought one of the pro-fit versions so we will be fine for a few months.