Unpopular opinion: Wednesday edition

It's about time the numpties on here who rubbish Rotherham (toytowners)

and Barnsley (multi-digits) showed our neighboring teams more respect.

Good luck to them for hanging in given their relatively inferior budgets and adding derby interest to this league.

Dem Blavdes is a different matter, of course.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Chris Woods gets a lot of unfair stick from Wednesday fans.

He dropped a couple of clangers in a few high profile games for us and fans find it difficult to look beyond that but he was an outstanding keeper and probably the best we’ve had over the last 30 years.

50/50 on this one.

Good keeper, prone to the odd massive error.

Compare him to Seaman who kept him out of the England No1 spot and the difference was not how good they could be, but the errors.    Seamen just had less of them.

Woods was a very good keeper.

Shame one of his massive errors came against the pigs.   Which they still dine out on today

Adam Reach is massively overrated and we should cash-in while he is still a prospect to bring in better loan players in the positions he occupies. He is more of a cm than a winger, a wing-back or a full-back in reality. He's not creative, he's not fast, he can't tackle. He might provide a lot of cover as a squad utility player but just because he puts in a shift that doesn't necessarily mean we're getting value for money. He's a jack of all trades master of none and he's not what we need imo.

Edited by TrueOwl
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think chansiri has done a very good job as chairman so far and whilst his investment was admirable it was poorly managed and off the field stuff has largely been managed absolutely terribly.

.....there - I’ve said it.

4 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I don’t think chansiri has done a very good job as chairman so far and whilst his investment was admirable it was poorly managed and off the field stuff has largely been managed absolutely terribly.

.....there - I’ve said it.

But will learn the trade over time hopefully?

Just now, Cosby Blunkett said:

Milan Mandaric saved us to make a buck, not because he cared anymore about Wednesday than he did for any other of his hundreds of investments.

That's common knowledge!

Doesn't mean i'm not greatful.