This change will definitely work in #SWFC favour

18 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Thats fine if they manage the game well.

And not give one team 18 freekicks and the other 1 whist fondling one manager

Ha ! as if anything that blatant would ever happen in modern football 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Thats fine if they manage the game well.

And not give one team 18 freekicks and the other 1 whist fondling one manager

Thanks for reminding me of the most inept, one sided, unprofessional performance I have ever witnessed by an official

• Like 1

I personally would like to see Refs given MORE backing by the EFL, so that, if they are surrounded by screaming players , they simply book them all.

It's surprising the fewer number of casualties there are in the more physical sports of Rugby, especially the rule where contesting a decision results in the penalty /free kick be moved up 10 yards. Give the Officials more backing will force the players into accepting decisions, and this in turn will lead to a better standard of refereeing.

The only time a Manager should contest a Ref's decision is after the game.

Goal Line technology worked fine in the world cup, as, for most part, did VAR. he one thing which did NOT was the constant replays and chirruping   of the 'Still in it for the money' football commentators. 

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It means (along with VAR) that football becomes the focus and not cheating, diving or moaning/screaming at refs

We all want that right?

The rule(s) to stop all that are already in place

It's the weak referee's that don't implement them

Just now, torres said:

The rule(s) to stop all that are already in place

It's the weak referee's that don't implement them

Ah right

Looks like this new rule that's been introduced by the people who run football is pointless then. They should have just called you up first for advice

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It means (along with VAR) that football becomes the focus and not cheating, diving or moaning/screaming at refs

We all want that right?

But in the recent world cup viewed by billions around the world no players who cheater or dived and god there was loads have received any sort of bans or fine.

But we focus on a manager or coach presumably leaving their white box.

Just now, room0035 said:

But in the recent world cup viewed by billions around the world no players who cheater or dived and god there was loads have received any sort of bans or fine.

But we focus on a manager or coach presumably leaving their white box.

Yeah you're right

Referees now will not look at the pitch ONLY the manager

They can't do both apparently

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah right

Looks like this new rule that's been introduced by the people who run football is pointless then. They should have just called you up first for advice

Finally something sensible!!!

Are there already laws to stop diving?

Are there already laws to stop abusing refs?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah you're right

Referees now will not look at the pitch ONLY the manager

They can't do both apparently

We have had so many chance to get rid of diving and cheat in the game.

Its simple every game needs watching, if a player is judge to have cheated they get banned for the next game, they do it again it is 2 games, again 3 games and so on. If a team loses their best players for x amount of games it won't take long to irradiate the cheats in the game.

That Uruguay player falling over with no playing within 5 yards still makes me laugh, very similar to Rivaldo a few years back. 

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

I personally would like to see Refs given MORE backing by the EFL, so that, if they are surrounded by screaming players , they simply book them all.

It's surprising the fewer number of casualties there are in the more physical sports of Rugby, especially the rule where contesting a decision results in the penalty /free kick be moved up 10 yards. Give the Officials more backing will force the players into accepting decisions, and this in turn will lead to a better standard of refereeing.

The only time a Manager should contest a Ref's decision is after the game.

Goal Line technology worked fine in the world cup, as, for most part, did VAR. he one thing which did NOT was the constant replays and chirruping   of the 'Still in it for the money' football commentators. 

don't football referees already have the power to 'move a free kick on'?

i'd hadly say var 'worked fine', but then with fifa handling it, i'm surprised it worked at all, let's hope it improves, but as said if fifa are involved they wouldn't want the truth 'out there' would they.