Ross Wallace on trial with Wigan Athletic

Not seen this mentioned elsewhere, so apologies if the pontiff is already buried...

But Ross Wallace is currently on their warm weather training camp, in a bid to earn a deal.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/latics/heat-is-on-for-wigan-athletic-trio-1-9255747

Must say, it'll be interesting if he's lining up against us for the first game of the season. Will we still think he's a cheeky chappy? Or will he be like Chris Maguire and be an annoying little tail in anything other than a Wednesday shirt?

Good luck to the bloke anyway, think he'd have something to offer to a club newly promoted to the division.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You just know he’s going to score a freekick on the first day of the season 

I liked Wallace, he still has something to offer in the Championship. But he did seem a bit off the pace last season. 

Great servent for us scored some wonder goals in that first season that won us vital points 

I agree he looked off pace last season but most of our squad did as they was unfit and carrying niggles

woth his age not getting any younger and the need to trim the squad he was probably a salary that should have gone however I think If fit he could have been more than useful and whilst we might not really regret it we may have been better retaining fur another year to see what he was  like under jos after score season 

still the right decision im

good luck Ross 

• Like 1

Wish him well. Maybe he's trying to tick as many Lancashire teams off the list. Preston, Burnley, now Wigan. Must like living around there. Played there between 2008-2015 solid so must want to go back. Pretty sure he'll find a club if tries Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan. Will help a bottom end Championship team.

2 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Wish him well. Maybe he's trying to tick as many Lancashire teams off the list. Preston, Burnley, now Wigan. Must like living around there. Played there between 2008-2015 solid so must want to go back. Pretty sure he'll find a club if tries Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan. Will help a bottom end Championship team.

He lives about 2 miles down the road from me so its matter of time before he turns up at Fleetwood Town!

2 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

He'll be a good signing for them, he still has it for this level I don't care what anyone says.

We can now do better, but Wigan?   He'll have a great season there.

Of course he can play at this level. He’s very underrated is Ross Wallace. Especially on here. He’s never had pace but he’s technically a top player.

I mentioned in another thread 5/6 weeks ago that I could see him at Wigan as he lives over Lancs way. It will be a good signing for them.

I wish him all the best - he was very good for us and he cost us nothing. 

SKY Sports..............."There's been an early goal at Wigan.................................."...................you know the rest.......................and ..."let's get to Norwich where the Championship's first hat -trick has happened in the early kick-off"

• Haha 7