Engage with us

While I’m not against trimming the squad, it’s something we’ve needed to do for a while, why weren’t these drastic actions foreseen? Every day there’s another story in the local press, about us needing to get still more players out if we are to comply with FFP regulations Was this not foreseen? It damn well should have been, but there was no mention of any of this at any of the press conferences 

It wasn’t that long ago that The Star was linking us with a move for that lad at Peterborough Although I never believed that to be realistic, supporters were still speculating about bringing in the likes of Venancio, plus some top quality loans 

Can we do that? Not Venancio, that ship has sailed, but is there money available for team strengthening? Is the picture as gloomy as the press have painted? 

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

While I’m not against trimming the squad, it’s something we’ve needed to do for a while, why weren’t these drastic actions foreseen? Every day there’s another story in the local press, about us needing to get still more players out if we are to comply with FFP regulations Was this not foreseen? It damn well should have been, but there was no mention of this at any of the press conferences 

It wasn’t that long ago that The Star was linking us with a move for that lad at Peterborough Although I never believed that to be realistic, supporters were still speculating about bringing in the likes of Venancio, plus some top quality loans 

Can we do that? Not Venancio, that ship has sailed, but is there money available for team strengthening? Is the picture as gloomy as the press have painted? 

Milan has been in touch to advise.

With the season money taken, he has recommended a transfer budget of £350,000

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 3

I genuinely don’t see the need to strengthen this squad fit is strong enough for top six that’s including losing 4/5 more players

my concern would be the right back / wing back position but I’m happy to go with that possibly another Cb but last season showed a mixture of youth and quality and we can be a force 

now we have others back for again or near returning to full fitness that with what I’d expect a much fitter and disciplined squad we should have a right go at it 

13 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I genuinely don’t see the need to strengthen this squad fit is strong enough for top six that’s including losing 4/5 more players

my concern would be the right back / wing back position but I’m happy to go with that possibly another Cb but last season showed a mixture of youth and quality and we can be a force 

now we have others back for again or near returning to full fitness that with what I’d expect a much fitter and disciplined squad we should have a right go at it 

A severe lack of pace and power is my concern .

If indeed we are looking for quality loan deals, then I hope we have sent someone out to watch Man City's pre season tour of USA. Very youthful squad because of all their players having world cup commitments. 

Phil Foden, one of their top prospects surely gets further and further down the ranks, with every purchase they make. Mahrez signing will see him struggle to make the bench.

Patrick Roberts, this kids enjoyed a couple of years regularly playing for Celtic, surely Championship football, is a higher test?

Tosin Adarabioyo, is their big central defender at 6ft 5". I'd take a gamble, England youth international. 

Jason Denayer, had a couple of loan spells out with Sunderland and Galatasaray, only really been a bit part player, still looking to get a full season under his belt. Capped by Belgium.

Brahim Diaz, 18 year old, capped by Spain Under 21's. Only been involved in the Man City side 5 times since 2016.

And probably a lot more too...

The big mistake the OP is making is that he is mixing Wednesday up with any half decent business 

Forethought??? Wednesday!!!????

This is the same club that somehow managed to totally mess up a 150th anniversary by selling next to no merchandise and taking 6 months to release a kit that everyone hated 

Im just happy they are still here 

53 minutes ago, torres said:

The big mistake the OP is making is that he is mixing Wednesday up with any half decent business 

Forethought??? Wednesday!!!????

This is the same club that somehow managed to totally mess up a 150th anniversary by selling next to no merchandise and taking 6 months to release a kit that everyone hated 

Im just happy they are still here 

They never learn do they . 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
43 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Really can’t understand why we don’t call a press conference to broadcast to the world that we’re desperate for cash.

Yes I think it's important that we circulate to all that we are over a barrel just waiting to be goosed by clubs wanting to strip our playing assets.

11 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

Don’t think it’s a case of we have no money, more the rules don’t allow us to spend more in their current state, right or wrongly. 

Chansiri has openly said he doesn’t like the FFP and would spend more if he could. 

I agree, that’s why I said desperate for cash not skint. We need money on the books not wherever DC keeps it.