Owl too young for Hillsborough?

Wanted to take my 1 year old son to the Friendly against Villarreal with it being a more relaxed atmosphere and lower attendance. Recently his 1st Birthday was going to go into the shop and pick up the new mini kit for him and whatever gifts/toys would be suitable for a 1 year old, followed by meeting the players and a few picture opportunities around and inside the ground. With him being 1 year old I think his attention span would of lasted about 45 minutes maximum (If lucky) and would of made our way home at half time.

We would of been travelling on public transport down from West Yorkshire and making a day of it, so in advance I have emailed the club to check if there is any storage options for a pram or somewhere we are able to leave the pram during the match (45 minutes if not less). Unfortunately there is no storage facilities for prams or baby carriers and neither are allowed in the stadium, this is due to stadium regulations and health and safety reasons. Which in turn would mean carrying my 1 year old son all the way from West Yorkshire.

I later received an e-mail explaining that the hospitality package would be available at £50 per person and 25% discount for the little one, as they could take me upstairs and we would be situated in a box and the pram is now allowed into the ground. 

Has anyone taken their 1 year old to the stadium before and occurred these issues?. To state prams are not allowed into the stadium due to health and safety, but then proceed to tell me if I  handover best part of £80-£90 then they are allowed seems contradicting. 

If anyone could offer advice or any ideas that would be appreciated. 

Wanting to spend money at the match and in the club shop and bring a new Wednesdayite into The` Wednesday family, but if i am not willing to spend extra money on hospitality then this isn't allowed. 

`

8 minutes ago, BD12 Owl said:

Wanted to take my 1 year old son to the Friendly against Villarreal with it being a more relaxed atmosphere and lower attendance. Recently his 1st Birthday was going to go into the shop and pick up the new mini kit for him and whatever gifts/toys would be suitable for a 1 year old, followed by meeting the players and a few picture opportunities around and inside the ground. With him being 1 year old I think his attention span would of lasted about 45 minutes maximum (If lucky) and would of made our way home at half time.

We would of been travelling on public transport down from West Yorkshire and making a day of it, so in advance I have emailed the club to check if there is any storage options for a pram or somewhere we are able to leave the pram during the match (45 minutes if not less). Unfortunately there is no storage facilities for prams or baby carriers and neither are allowed in the stadium, this is due to stadium regulations and health and safety reasons. Which in turn would mean carrying my 1 year old son all the way from West Yorkshire.

I later received an e-mail explaining that the hospitality package would be available at £50 per person and 25% discount for the little one, as they could take me upstairs and we would be situated in a box and the pram is now allowed into the ground. 

Has anyone taken their 1 year old to the stadium before and occurred these issues?. To state prams are not allowed into the stadium due to health and safety, but then proceed to tell me if I  handover best part of £80-£90 then they are allowed seems contradicting. 

If anyone could offer advice or any ideas that would be appreciated. 

Wanting to spend money at the match and in the club shop and bring a new Wednesdayite into The` Wednesday family, but if i am not willing to spend extra money on hospitality then this isn't allowed. 

`

On a serious note I know people who have taken in babies and the younger years were in the papoose style carriers I think

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I would say 5 year old is a good age to take them to the 1st game

Sounds about right to me. Went to a few with mine at 4 but were probably 6 before that had any interest, and 7 before they could actually sit through 90 minutes without getting bored.

Different kids are different though. I think some kids can enjoy going at 3 or 4. 1 is pretty pointless, will not even know what's going on. Better to wait for an age where they can remember the first match they went to.

Got to admire the committment though. A proper ballache taking a 1 year old halfway across Yorkshire on a bus and back.

15 minutes ago, torres said:

Taking a one year old to the match is pretty daft to be honest 

Gone to a couple of sporting events in the last month and the clapping, singing and general atmosphere makes him laugh and smile. Thank you for your input though

Just now, BD12 Owl said:

Gone to a couple of sporting events in the last month and the clapping, singing and general atmosphere makes him laugh and smile. Thank you for your input though

You are more than welcome 

May I suggest just going to the park, you may find he laughs and smiles there too.

It’ll be a lot cheaper, less hassle and won’t  get on the nerves of people around you.

Next week on parent talk - is a 1 year old too young to get a Wednesday tattoo?

4 minutes ago, BD12 Owl said:

He'll cry his eyes out at Hillsboro' then if it's clapping and singing you're after....

Just now, torres said:

You are more than welcome 

May I suggest just going to the park, you may find he laughs and smiles there too.

It’ll be a lot cheaper, less hassle and won’t  get on the nerves of people around you.

Next week on parent talk - is a 1 year old too young to get a Wednesday tattoo?

A park isn't enough unfortunately, I didn't know 1 year old's got on the nerves of the general public. 

Sporting events are a no no, parks we could come across adults without children as well, sod it lock him indoors with an ipad.

5 minutes ago, BD12 Owl said:

A park isn't enough unfortunately, I didn't know 1 year old's got on the nerves of the general public. 

Sporting events are a no no, parks we could come across adults without children as well, sod it lock him indoors with an ipad.

No, 1 year olds are great and lovely to see them out and about enjoying themselves 

some clown taking them to a match can be a bit of a pain in the backside though 

Keep asking for advice, happy to help 

You could always use common sense though to save you typing out the question 

Edited by torres

3 minutes ago, BD12 Owl said:

Don't take it to heart.

You'd have been on safe ground by just posting that Palmer's s*it.

• Haha 2