Owls on holiday

10 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I was at Ayres Rock and saw a match. Interestingly one team of 11 Aboriginal natives were decked out in ten Wednesday kits with full keepers kit too.

Unfortunately they lost 16-1 lol

That must be where last season's shipment of kits ended up and why we didn't get any until December. 

18 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I think you'll find you're in Playa Blanca mate

I'm in Puerto Del Carmen though

Hope you bump into some fellow owls down there pal

Enjoy the rest of your holidays

Just been to the market at marina Rubicon (joy!). Some stall selling milder glass bottles with football club badges on. Usual mix of European giants and premier league clubs but I was delighted to see an Owls one too with new badge. Didn't have my phone so couldn't take a picture.

We are massive after all. :stuwinky:

23 hours ago, Brommers said:

Just about to end a 2 week break in Lanzarote and is my first holiday in years where I haven't seen any Wednesday shirts on display. Always nice to have a WAWAW moment. 

You don't see any Owls merchandise at the sea side in this country anymore either.

Its all the premier league teams with key rings, mugs and rock - a few years back you could buy with Sheff Wed, Sheff United on, even though neither teams are in the top flight Sheffield is still the 5th biggest city and a lot of Sheffielder's go to the east coast and west coach for holidays. 

On 18/07/2018 at 12:58, Brommers said:

Just been to the market at marina Rubicon (joy!). Some stall selling milder glass bottles with football club badges on. Usual mix of European giants and premier league clubs but I was delighted to see an Owls one too with new badge. Didn't have my phone so couldn't take a picture.

We are massive after all. :stuwinky:

Get one bought!

The price is definitely a significant factor here.

Only a few years ago, shirts were £40 new or £20 by the end of the season. Now they are £60 new and  £30 at the end of the season. That is a 50% increase.

Football shirts are one of those things where people generally ignore the incredible mark ups and prices, like Sky TV or iPhones but if the price of Sky TV or iPhones went up by 50% in just 3 years a lot of people would stop buying it. It is the same here.

Add to that the fact that a lot of the people you see on holiday are actually casual fans. We have 25k regular attendees and the law of averages means it is unlikely you will run in to one on holiday on the exact day they wear their Wednesday shirt. The chances of running in to a casual fan is much more likely but, for the reasons listed above, they probably aren't buying shirts anymore.