Adam Reach "The #SWFC players are more humble now"

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

I totally disagree. A player who was weak mentally would have hidden last year. Reach didn't at times he carried the team on his own. You might criticise his transfer fee, his wages but I don't think you can criticise his work rate, ability or mental strength.

This. Not weak at all.

So we started last season with a squad of players who weren't up-to-speed fitness wise due to not enough fitness work being done over the summer who also thought that they just had to turn up to win.

We never stood a chance.

Cheers Carlos.

1 hour ago, DesWalker said:

We were outworked in the 2nd leg by a much fitter, more hungry team.

In case it escaped your notice we actually drew the game but lost the penalty shootout. We were in command and ahead in the game and comfortably managing the situation, It was only when Hudds introduced the speedy guy on their right wing that we were troubled. The Manager should have seen the problem and shored things up on that side immediately, he didn't and we lost the goal bringing them level. We then lost the penalty shootout. In fact Huddersfiels didn't win a playoff game but still went up. More luck than hunger I think.

Having said that I totally agree with your sentiments regarding Reach. 

11 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

In case it escaped your notice we actually drew the game but lost the penalty shootout. We were in command and ahead in the game and comfortably managing the situation, It was only when Hudds introduced the speedy guy on their right wing that we were troubled. The Manager should have seen the problem and shored things up on that side immediately, he didn't and we lost the goal bringing them level. We then lost the penalty shootout. In fact Huddersfiels didn't win a playoff game but still went up. More luck than hunger I think.

Hi Mark, it didn't escape my notice that we drew the game, although I'm not sure how much solace we can take from that.

Without wanting to recap that awful night, we didn't win the game because we were dead on our feet in the last 25 minutes.  If we had shored up our left hand side that would have created space elsewhere.

I'm pleased you agree with me on Adam Reach.

25 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

agree, there's was a spozzy goal too and FF should have scored in extra time.

However, if we'd matched them for fitness we'd have smashed em. No doubt

9 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Hi Mark, it didn't escape my notice that we drew the game, although I'm not sure how much solace we can take from that.

Without wanting to recap that awful night, we didn't win the game because we were dead on our feet in the last 25 minutes.  If we had shored up our left hand side that would have created space elsewhere.

I'm pleased you agree with me on Adam Reach.

I still have nightmares of Loovens, Lees and Bannan shouting at the bench, pointing at Pudil that night, he was spent

They knew, the fans knew, Huddersfield knew

:carlos:

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Haha too right, remember Nicholas Bendtner?

I remember darren gough saying on talksport he phoned the juventus  (think that was tbe italian team he signed for) club shop to order a Bentner shirt and they said "Are you sure". 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

I agree however not sure who we could have brought on to nullify their speedy sub. Another issue Carlos failed to address during his tenure was our distinct lack of pace.

2 hours ago, heppers said:

I agree.

my wife came home after a night out with egg white all over her. 

Our lass is the same mate, she keeps going to this La Chambre club in Attercliffe, she says its a coffee bar and boring, she comes home early in the morning reyt tired and covered in egg white too, strange i'd say, has to be a bit more careful with raw eggs IMO

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Our lass is the same mate, she keeps going to this La Chambre club in Attercliffe, she says its a coffee bar and boring, she comes home early in the morning reyt tired and covered in egg white too, strange i'd say, has to be a bit more careful with raw eggs IMO

Full of protein though :ohmy:

• Haha 3

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, steveger said:

Could be worse.... she could come home in the early morning smelling of the La Chambre club and then cook you egg whites.

This reminds me when Jos came in, and Boyd did an interview. He was very elequent in explaining how things were better now, and that they were turning up for training on time. 

Good lads.