Chris Waddle - #SWFC LEGEND

Guest Willow Owl

Best player i have seen at Hillsborough, and been going since mid seventies. A million quid was an absolute steal. 

Legend status, absolutely. 

One of the last players to prove you don't need to be quick to play football, had the first 2 yards in his head, would beat defenders once then go back and do it again to play with their heads.

Always remember the West ham game - I think David Burrows was having nightmares for weeks/month to come after that game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the monk said:

We need to start looking forward 

The future is the most important thing, but it's always great to reminisce, life would be dull without memories and what memories this man gave us. 

The tag legend is bandied about all to readily but in his case (and many of his team mates in that Wednesday side) it is truly merited, absolute genius with a football at his feet. Thanks for the memories Chris.

6 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Puts Giggs on his arse twice in 3 seconds, not many can say they could do that.

I could do that ...

... but Alas! He never played in the same Sunday Youth league as me. Just accept it as FACT that I could.

lol

8 hours ago, the monk said:

We need to start looking forward 

That's just what Redknapp said to Burrows at half time.

To no avail. The lad didnt know his arris from his elbow at that stage as the maestro into had dragged him into a nightmarish vertigo  with his shoulder drop and step over.