BBC strike again

2 minutes ago, Cypriot Owl said:

Living in Cyprus I occasionally use the BBC web site to see whats going on in the Championship.
I didn't realise that we had moved to Derbyshire !!!!!!  

bbc.jpg

Assuming you're referring to the two pieces with Lampard's photo on, we would be mentioned in those pieces because they were fixture releases. They'll be on every team's page.

Lampards been there for ages on the front of "championship" section, on ours and everyone else's. 

Not surprisingly they've been to busy with a wold cup on to change. 

Just to add..... In currently in Sheffield which is also in Derbyshire. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Lampards been there for ages on the front of "championship" section, on ours and everyone else's. 

Who plays in the Wold Cup? Sheep farmers?

lol

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I think Lampard IS the Championship as far as the BBC are concerned

Might also mean that Derby will give L**ds a run for their money when it comes to Sky TV coverage

You're right - but that might just mean that the Derby board have taken a sound financial decision.  By appointing someone high profile like this they've guarenteed and extra 5k on the gate for the first month or so and loads of TV coverage which brings in money and more sponsorship.  Really not bad for FFP, I admire them for it.

Henry is now looking for a job if we could get him? 

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Eh? No it isn’t. 

7 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

You're right - but that might just mean that the Derby board have taken a sound financial decision.  By appointing someone high profile like this they've guarenteed and extra 5k on the gate for the first month or so and loads of TV coverage which brings in money and more sponsorship.  Really not bad for FFP, I admire them for it.

Henry is now looking for a job if we could get him? 

And if he is still there come May relegation to league 1 :duntmatter:

51 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Relying on the BBC for news / facts,  isn't a great idea 

45 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

... and the weather, don't forget the weather

I thought we were going for the monty Python sketch then...what have the Romans ever done for us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sheffield Wednesday who play at Bramall Lane will be looking to add several players to the team for the upcoming championship season 2018/19. The Millers Boss Carlos Carvahal will be looking to strengthen full back positions primarily due to offloading Joe Mattock and Lewis Buxton who are now deemed surplus to requirements at the Lane. 

Meanwhile speculation still circulates around social Media about Jordan Rhodes, a player many Wednesday fans have been asking for since it was announced that the son of goalkeeping coach Andy Warrington would love to turn out in the famous Red and Blue shirt. Chairman Patrick Cryne will no doubt be keen to appease the fans ahead of the upcoming season.

Terry Henfleet BBC Nottinghamshire 

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 6