Number of pre-season fixtures...

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Putting aside the behind closed door friendly (v Bury), we’ll have only played 3 official games come the first game of the season! I was always under the impression that a player needed at least 6-7 games to get a decent level of match fitness. 

Wonder what Jos’s thinking is behind this? Especially when considering the size of our squad. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Maybe he values time on the training ground shaping his team rather than a lot of matches against poorer opposition which are played at pedestrian speed and involve so many changes the match can never flow. This is the first real chance he’s had since coming to get out on the training pitch and implement his thoughts into a pretty much fully fit squad. Trust his judgment he seems fully on top of the whole fitness and preparation side.

2 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Maybe he values time on the training ground shaping his team rather than a lot of matches against poorer opposition which are played at pedestrian speed and involve so many changes the match can never flow. This is the first real chance he’s had since coming to get out on the training pitch and implement his thoughts into a pretty much fully fit squad. Trust his judgment he seems fully on top of the whole fitness and preparation side.

I totally trust his methods jack, my post is not critical just an observation. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I don’t think there’s anything to worry about when it comes to Jos managing our players’ match fitness. He will have our players in peak physical condition come the start of the season. And how refreshing that will be!

33 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Putting aside the behind closed door friendly (v Bury), we’ll have only played 3 official games come the first game of the season! I was always under the impression that a player needed at least 6-7 games to get a decent level of match fitness. 

Wonder what Jos’s thinking is behind this? Especially when considering the size of our squad. 

Id rather Jos spent pre season getting the buggers fit , than playing friendlies to be honest. 

I think he just values time on the training pitch 

I’m hoping that we turn out as a well drilled unit that knows jos’ system inside out, and most importantly have a level of fitness we definitely didn’t have last season 

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It's Mansfield's chairman's wife, Carolyn Radford. :stuwinky:

678497734.jpg

Looks like Katie Hopkins pre-crack...

eh. Preseason of a sort. My summer league team(8v8) has the good fortune to be named "Sheffield" thanks to our commissioner being a mate of mine.

And I begged him to name the red team "The Pigs" but it was a no go. 

We beat them tonight and moved into first place. :) ;)

2e7sx1.jpg