Looks lik Palmer and Baker for RWB.

Strange! We really need to bring in a right wing back. Not comfortable starting the season with those 2. 

I know people will say Jos has improved Nuhiu and I get it but Hunt was tailor made for right wing back and I’m certain that Palmer hasn’t got the energy, fitness or attacking flair to play the role. Im really happy to be proved wrong on this one.

Not saying Hunt was a world beater but was decent.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

25 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

The thought of Liam Palmer starting the season as our first choice RWB fills me with absolute dread.

In saying that though, look what Jos did with Attey. 

Think he gets till 31st August to prove himself. if not in comes him replacement on loan . 

56 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Strange! We really need to bring in a right wing back. Not comfortable starting the season with those 2. 

I know people will say Jos has improved Nuhiu and I get it but Hunt was tailor made for right wing back and I’m certain that Palmer hasn’t got the energy, fitness or attacking flair to play the role. Im really happy to be proved wrong on this one.

Not saying Hunt was a world beater but was decent.

Liked Hunt going forward but he was poor defensively, hardly ever managed to stop crosses going into our box. 

Baker looked good defensively v Norwich, got some decent tackles in but poor in attack. Something to work on there.

If it’s Palmer he needs to up his game and fitness. Looked better a few years ago under Gray as a conventional full back.

Need to know the formation Jos will favour before we go on about wing backs too much.

15 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well in losing Hunt we lose pace , isn’t that what wing backs need ? Bit worrying !! 

if we have to cut the cloth then we are going to be weaker than we were before so not much point worrying about it coz it's going to happen and there's nowt the club can do about it until they can ship out a few more  . i'm sure jos will make the most of what he's got .

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if we have to cut the cloth then we are going to be weaker than we were before so not much point worrying about it coz it's going to happen and there's nowt the club can do about it until they can ship out a few more  . i'm sure jos will make the most of what he's got .

Yes I know but ...... !!! 

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

This is it, things have changed, we are hamstrung when it comes to new additions We will be weaker, on paper at least, but maybe Jos can compensate for that with work on the training ground 

I have no issues regarding Palmer starting the season as RWB

Jos seems to have a habit of sticking with players he thinks he can improve and ejecting players he thinks are past their peak.

That's the mark of a good coach.  Given Weds have paid over the odds for over the hill then this can only be a good thing.

In Jos stick I trust.

I would like a new RWB but..... i do like what I see of Baker and given a run in the side maybe he can establish a place in the 11. 

I was hoping the Palmer to Bolton deal had some legs then we were getting Byram on loan. Still am really but if it’s these two I’d like to see Baker with a run.

Baker looks a real prospect in my opinion. I’m not too concerned to be honest. I don’t mind Palmer, he has a lazy motion but maybe Jos can get the best out of him. 

Sorry for being positive, but there are more pressing needs for us to sort out in my opinion, like centre mid. 

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

https://www.google.com/amp/the72.co.uk/109904/jos-luhukay-reveals-sheffield-wednesday-sold-jack-hunt/amp/

Doesn’t look too promising for those (like me) that were expecting a new addition at wing back...

Baker looks very promising ,and will probably be first choice right back .

40 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Baker looks a real prospect in my opinion. I’m not too concerned to be honest. I don’t mind Palmer, he has a lazy motion but maybe Jos can get the best out of him. 

Sorry for being positive, but there are more pressing needs for us to sort out in my opinion, like centre mid. 

Bannan. Pelupessy. Lee. Hutchinson. Maybe likes to have Reach play there. Probably fond of Hunt and Kirby.

Will struggle to the point of being unable to shift Abdi and Jones.

Wouldn't be holding my breath.

lol