Has Jo’s seen something in Palmer

Thought Liam had a decent game Friday. Looks ( like the rest of them) to be a lot leaner and fitter. Just wondering if Jo’s has seen something in him he can work with and improve as he has with big Dave? Is that why he was ok to let hunt go?

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Thought Liam had a decent game Friday. Looks ( like the rest of them) to be a lot leaner and fitter. Just wondering if Jo’s has seen something in him he can work with and improve as he has with big Dave? Is that why he was ok to let hunt go?

He stood out a mile at Lincoln looks up for it and fit and ready , let’s see how he fares in the league 

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, WTF said:

You hope he's not improved and is fitter...:sad:

I hope Liam Palmer is no where ear the first 11, improved or not.

Guest Arcadianrocket
2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Read someone saying that he didn't track back enough.

which is liam palmer in a nutshell. None of us pay 40 quid a game to watch Palmer walk back after a mediocre cross.

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Palmer and Baker as the 2 options at Right back would be bold to start the season. But if Jos trusts them then why not. I think Palmer has a lot of talent to potentially unlock and Jos might just do that.

Let's hope he's capable of improving everyone, even if by doing so it upsets some on here.

• Thanks 1

If we are going to have Palmer as first choice then sign him up to a new deal, if not then get rid before he is a free in the summer. I cannot honestly think he is on that good of a wage being a squad player at best and homegrown normally makes them cheaper.

And what a shot in the arm for the lad to see Hunt leave and him get a longer new deal.

15 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I think Hunt was let go because of several things.

Not irreplaceable 

His injury record

Last year of his contract 

Somebody was actually happy to pay a decent fee.

Our financial position 

Overall it just made sense .

Jos is a philosophical  bloke who will get on with his job working with the constraints he has and make the best of it.

If that means getting Palmer fitter and more confident then he will get on with doing it.

He might do a Nuhiu. Become a regular a bit by default and suddenly look a new player 

1 minute ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Let's hope he's capable of improving everyone, even if by doing so it upsets some on here.

To be fair people get stuff wrong all the time. I thought Big Dave was useless until about March, I thought Southgate was useless. I can see why having a right back who is a kid or a back up previously would scare people. But i think Jos will instead of just buying someone with 'experience', will give people a try and coach them. I really like the signs that Jos is giving us at the minute. Lets hope it translates to the pitch.

Guest everydays_wednesday
21 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

I agree...it is about time Jos looked on here though so as not to upset anyone.

46 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Urgh.. great 'fan' right here.

Player come thru the academy, but even if he starts playing like Cafu this clown wants shot of him just because.

I'm not a fan of this move tbh.

Palmer isn't as good as Hunt so we're going backwards in terms of that position at least.

Keep changing players for an inferior one and you know what'll happen.

It's still a mystery to me how we went from Des Walker to Ashley Westwood but that's what happens.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

What a strange statement...

So you're saying if Liam Palmer has improved to a point where he's the best right back in the world he should be getting nowhere near the first 11 because of some preconceived notion you have of him?

Probably seen the same qualities in him that a lot of us saw when we voted him player of the season a few short years ago.

Like Nuhiu a lot have come and gone, but he is still here and will always give 100%.

Edited by Owl At Risk