Getting the best out of FF

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

Westwood

K. Lee, Lees, Van Aken, Pudil, Reach

Bannan, Hutch

FF

Joao, Nuhiu

If we keep this team fit for 46 games we win league! simples

You have to laugh how 9 of that 11 is part of the team we had 3 years ago now. Just shows how bad our recruitment has been in recent years.

In terms of the formation I note some were saying about FF being on the left of a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. I personally agree with this but it's obvious that Jos is sticking with his 3-5-2, hence the above formations.

For me Fessi is your creator/play maker whether we play 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 or what ever formation we have, he needs a lot of the ball for that reason he needs to be that player further forward than the midfield but not lost up the pitch.

A rework of the 3-5-2 of 3-4-1-2 with Fessi in a free role behind the front 2 is where I think this season he could thrive, if you only play 1 up front then play him behind the main striker. 

For me he is wasted out on the flank, he is a scorer first, goal creator second and if he is out on the left then does than put Reach on the bench as clearly the both cannot be left wingers. 

All fit match formation against Wigan

Westwood

Lees /Pudil/ Van Aken

new right wing/Bannan/Lee/Reach

Fessi

two of Hooper/Nuihu/Joao

Getting a good right winger in who can attack but also help out in defense when needed will take us from a top 10 team into a top 6 team.

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Thought he looked the happiest I’ve seen him for a while on Friday. Back to his cheeky smiling self. Taking people on and making things happen. Maybe just needs the right manager to get the best out of him. 

or a big fat wad of cash to land on his doorstep each week that exceeds all of his team mates.

I know i know, i need to let it go...

2 hours ago, bazapeps said:

You have to laugh how 9 of that 11 is part of the team we had 3 years ago now. Just shows how bad our recruitment has been in recent years.

In terms of the formation I note some were saying about FF being on the left of a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. I personally agree with this but it's obvious that Jos is sticking with his 3-5-2, hence the above formations.

Don’t think Jos’s formation is obvious.The Norwich game had a fluid 3-4-3 cum 3-4-1-2. Whereas most of his games have seen a 5-3-2 cum 3-5-2 .

Think the only thing he sticks to is 3 centre backs. We have  Lees. Pudil, JVA, Thornilly, Hutchinson, Fox and Nielsen who can all play those positions. I have more concerns about midfield than either defence or attack. Pretty sure Jos will be looking to strengthen there first of all and it will probably have to be loans.

I'd really like to see a front 3 of Joao/Nuhiu/FF given a run of games, we've missed Hooper's class and quality in the final third but the trio above literally have it all. 

Nuhiu is so so good at bringing others into the game and creating space that Fessi/Joao's pace and trickery can open all kinds of doors - one negative with Hooper is that he can't play the lone striker role and he doesn't offer much on the counter/holding up the ball.

5 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Doesn't mean that its a bad side though, does it?

Three years ago we were only 3/4 more signings away from walking the league, we might have finally found key players in Reach and Van Aken? 

Only changes I would make is rotate Pelupessy with Hutchinson and (if we can get rid of Fletcher + one more) make a crucial signing at RB and we'd be laughing. Then you are looking at a top 4 side, easy.

6 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

I'd swap Hutch for Joey and find a decent CB for JVA

Otherwise looks good

Hutch has to be in the team. And captain IMO. Awesome player.

Yes he has issues with injury and fitness which is why he’s here and not at Chelsea. Pessy will play his part but Hutch has to be the man for me

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hutch has to be in the team. And captain IMO. Awesome player.

Yes he has issues with injury and fitness which is why he’s here and not at Chelsea. Pessy will play his part but Hutch has to be the man for me

Hutch must play centre half with lees

24 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Hutch must play centre half with lees

To be fair I honestly don’t mind. He’s our best CH and our best CM. I think Pessy looks decent and is an upgrade on Jones and Buttercup but he certainly isn’t up to Hutch standard. If he plays CH I would like a new DM.

Pessy in my opinion is worth trying RWB. Think his attributes suit that position 

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be fair I honestly don’t mind. He’s our best CH and our best CM. I think Pessy looks decent and is an upgrade on Jones and Buttercup but he certainly isn’t up to Hutch standard. If he plays CH I would like a new DM.

Pessy in my opinion is worth trying RWB. Think his attributes suit that position 

Pelupessy is not a RWB, i’m not sure what you have seen that makes you think he would be any use playing there ?

box to box midfielder, loads of energy and not made of biscuits like Hutch 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Pelupessy is not a RWB, i’m not sure what you have seen that makes you think he would be any use playing there ?

box to box midfielder, loads of energy and not made of biscuits like Hutch 

Lots of energy good positional sense decent delivery and good defensively - seems to be describing a RWB to me.