Nuhiu

Guest Arcadianrocket

Guest Arcadianrocket

Have a real belief he will score 20 or more league goals next season.

During the majority of his time with us he has been slow, cumbersome and often overweight, Although we always knew he could for a brief cameo in a game turn into Zlatan.

Last season he was lean and mobile. He could close defenders down quickly and just seemed a lot less cumbersome. It looked as if he had worked on his agility and that all added to more confidence and then that lead to being more productive in front on goal.

If you look at the majority of his goals for Wednesday, they are very classy finishes and very composed. If he can do this on a more regular basis now that he is fit and an important member of the team, no reason why he cannot score 20 league goals.

You heard it here first,

I watched through some of our games from the back end of last season (part boredom, part research and part therapy after England went out).  I was surprised that on plenty of occasions as I rewound segments of play, how many times he got away from defenders from just hard running.  He certainly left a few trailing behind him.  I can only hope that this is magnified this season because of a good pre season.  With increased fitness comes greater confidence so lets hope he continues how he left off.

• Like 1

Guest Arcadianrocket
Just now, spike1867 said:

I watched through some of our games from the back end of last season (part boredom, part research and part therapy after England went out).  I was surprised that on plenty of occasions as I rewound segments of play, how many times he got away from defenders from just hard running.  He certainly left a few trailing behind him.  I can only hope that this is magnified this season because of a good pre season.  With increased fitness comes greater confidence so lets hope he continues how he left off.

Yeap. This is what I have spotted last season.He got some more speed and agility together, which I imagine has come from trimming down in the gym.

2 hours ago, Arcadianrocket said:

often overweight

You've got to be taking the p1ss.

Prime specimen. Always has been.

Only two things changed for the lad from previous seasons - he was a year older and more confident/self-believing. The latter being due to the way he was managed.

I'll also give you the sharpness/fitness thing....but that applies to the whole squad once they got the flip-flops off and got down to some proper conditioning work.

Edited by Owl At Risk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

We can only hope so 

If Nuhiu & Joao are back to normal next season and Rhodes, Fletcher & Winnall are sold to pay the FunFP tax ... We'll be in trouble 

It's a ludicrous thought though :duntmatter:

You just know thats whats gonna happen. We got fletcher, rhodes and winnall cus of Nuhiu and Joao been crap and then we end up with them as first choice again lol

• Haha 1

Always felt that Nuhiu had all the attributes to be a 20 goal/ season centre forward at Championship level.

Big and powerful enough not to be bullied by defenders. Surprisingly skill full with the ball at his feet. Decent shot on him with either foot and has a unique way of holding up the ball  by lusing his size to lean into defenders to shield the ball. 

Been a surprise to me he’s never got anywhere near it.

Yes  he can look cumbersome, but something clicked into place last season under Jos’s management (and perhaps as well being called up for his national team).

Given a full season as first choice centre forward he won’t be far off the 20 goal mark.

His few remaining critics should watch his overall game carefully. Need Joss work the same magic with Joao too. The pair looked very good together at the end of last season with Forestieri pulling the strings.

Edited by Blatter
Correcting auto spell