Departures.

Everyone keeps forgetting that several of our players are crocks and will spend a large amount of time unavailable . What happens if Lees gets his usual 10 weeks out and van aken breaks down again?  Then we practically have an u23 defence .we are very thin in certain positions a centre half and wide right player are critically important signings .if we can get abdi matias Jones hooper fletcher out it won't effect us as there all crocks bar Jones who is dreadful .but no1 will touch that list unless we pay 75% of there wages. 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

You need 18 every week for a match day squad. let's say Hooper. Lee. Hutchinson. Forestieri. Van Aken and P Pudil are all unavailable due to injury/ suspension. quite possible. 

that leaves that 6 I said all in the match day squad week in week out.

I see the squad being more like 28 including the 8 academy players with the first team.

The squad could be added to through loans and freebies.

19 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

The squad could be added to through loans and freebies.

True and I expect it to be. but if we are relying on the 6 I mentioned to all play 10 or 20 games for us next season then we are well and truly doomed.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

True and I expect it to be. but if we are relying on the 6 I mentioned to all play 10 or 20 games for us next season then we are well and truly doomed.

From the 8 i've mentioned most of them were out for most of the season anyway. Who of those 8 contributed anything of any value? Not many.

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

From the 8 i've mentioned most of them were out for most of the season anyway. Who of those 8 contributed anything of any value? Not many.

And there is not one apart from Westwood that I wouldn't get rid of.

But if we are to rely on 6 or 7 u23 players next season then we are finishing mid table at best.

Why.. because they are not very good.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

And there is not one apart from Westwood that I wouldn't get rid of.

But if we are to rely on 6 or 7 u23 players next season then we are finishing mid table at best.

Why.. because they are not very good.

I reckon so as well. They have to go or we'll be selling the crown jewels in January. That's an opinion, based on absolutely FA. It's just that I've no work tomorrow so just passing a bit of time whilst having a sherbet or two.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I reckon so as well. They have to go or we'll be selling the crown jewels in January. That's an opinion, based on absolutely FA. It's just that I've no work tomorrow so just passing a bit of time whilst having a sherbet or two.

Take Stobbs and Penney. Stobbs been with us for what 5 or 6 seasons now and hasn't progressed past u23 level in all that time. Penney the same he is seen as this great prospect by some that as soon as he gets some first team games under his belt we are going to have the next Roberto Carlos on our hands. when the reality is the reason they are both still with the u23s is that's their level and even when going out on loan they are struggling to get in teams two leagues below us. Same goes for 2 or 3 others in the u23s there are just not good enough for anything other then back up for a team that wants promotion to the premier league.

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

Just need someone silly enough to take them off is now

Excluding Westwood who would do someone an excellent job for another 2 or 3 years 

Winnall was doing an excellent job before he joined us. Not his fault they signed Rhodes a week later!

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Find it amazing that people keep putting Westwood on these lists, why would we get rid of the best keeper in the division - madness.

Money at the end of the day mate. We should get a decent return for him, more than the other 2 put together and then some. I think the next 2/3 years it's all going to be about the money.