Departures.

Just been on the SWFC website and we have 32 first team profiles. Reported we are looking to decrease to 24/25 so that would leave 7/8 to go so i'll go with 8 and these for me are the ones that'll be gone,

Westwood.

Jones.

Abdi.

Rhodes.

Matias.

Fletcher.

Winnal.

Struggling with the last and hope it's not Lee. Maybe Fox.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Watson said:

Matias and Abdi will rip their ligaments apart next season. Wednesday's secret.

11 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Just been on the SWFC website and we have 32 first team profiles. Reported we are looking to decrease to 24/25 so that would leave 7/8 to go so i'll go with 8 and these for me are the ones that'll be gone,

Westwood.

Jones.

Abdi.

Rhodes.

Matias.

Fletcher.

Winnal.

I would be delighted with that.

14 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Westwood.

Jones.

Abdi.

Rhodes.

Matias.

Fletcher.

Winnal.

I'll stick my neck out and say you are spot on with 1 of your list at least! :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Westwood.

Jones.

Abdi.

Rhodes.

Matias.

Fletcher.

Winnal.

Quite a decent team that (if all fit) 

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Quite a decent team that (if all fit) 

If we were playing 8 aside it would be.

They need to get them out the door and concentrate on youth now, lot of the younger lads are in the first team profiles now, sooner or later they'll be gone.

Westwoods already had the gypsy's warning and Fletcher will be off to Greece where Panathaniakos can't afford his wages but I'd expect a donation from somewhere in the Far East to sort that out.

Just now, Eastleigh Owl said:

They need to get them out the door and concentrate on youth now, lot of the younger lads are in the first team profiles now, sooner or later they'll be gone.

Westwoods already had the gypsy's warning and Fletcher will be off to Greece where Panathaniakos can't afford his wages but I'd expect a donation from somewhere in the Far East to sort that out.

I'm confident that Matias and Abdi have plenty to offer. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Westwood.

Jones.

Abdi.

Rhodes.

Matias.

Fletcher.

Winnal.

But of them 32. Stobbs. Penney. Nielsen. O'Grady. Kirby and Preston probably won't be included in the 24/25.

So realistically we are only looking to shift 3 or 4.

6 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Agree with most of your list but would keep Westwood. Don't think anyone will offer anything near his worth with him being in the last year of his contract but still think he is a more solid option than either of the youngsters. I would send Wildsmith out on loan somewhere where he would be first choice to see how he handles a full season as I think Dawson has overtaken him and would be a better option in the cups and if Westwood gets injured.

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

But of them 32. Stobbs. Penney. Nielsen. O'Grady. Kirby and Preston probably won't be included in the 24/25.

So realistically we are only looking to shift 3 or 4.

I think they will be included, take that 6 away from the 24 and it leaves 18 players who are regular first team players although I know Thorniley has only recently stepped up.

I think this is Jos' brief, the books have to be balanced whether it's FFP or the fact we just cannot keep spending like we have been.

3 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I think they will be included, take that 6 away from the 24 and it leaves 18 players who are regular first team players although I know Thorniley has only recently stepped up.

I think this is Jos' brief, the books have to be balanced whether it's FFP or the fact we just cannot keep spending like we have been.

You need 18 every week for a match day squad. let's say Hooper. Lee. Hutchinson. Forestieri. Van Aken and P Pudil are all unavailable due to injury/ suspension. quite possible. 

that leaves that 6 I said all in the match day squad week in week out.

I see the squad being more like 28 including the 8 academy players with the first team.

• Thanks 1