Sign in to follow this  
bigash_swfc

Membership Pricing 2018/19

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So what's the savings if you attend all games once you take into account the £5 discount and the members game etc etc?

Give me a month, 4 computers, 64 assistants and i'll get back to you

• Haha 1

Just now, londonowl said:

Generally in pretty much everything, I don't mind paying a bit too much for things for a better service and I don't mind paying extra for convenience. I'm not wealthy but I'm not exactly scraping cash together to buy tickets.

I absolutely will not renew our 4 memberships. Not because I don't want to. Not because I can't afford it.

It's the principle mate.

Enough is enough - A line has to be drawn somewhere.

• Agree 4

A lot of sports clubs these days have numerous levels of memberships that offer different packages....from basic (cap, badge, etc) to Gold (includes game seats, etc); in a bid to gain members with different circumstances, budgets, etc. in order to capture a large number of members from the city (and further a field)  and gain community buy in, whilst maximising income. 

£90 for more or less nothing is a strange move. 

• Agree 1

Been a member for last god knows how many years.

Always worked well as I’m a shift worker with a young family and can normally get to half of the home games and sit with my dad who is retired and has a season ticket.

Was money well spent in the play off seasons as I had no ticket worries. 

£90 though? Wow. I’m out 

I never thought I'd say this but bloody sell Reach and Forestieri, sell them!

Let our families turn up to Hillsborough at a reasonable price 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

A lot of sports clubs these days have numerous levels of memberships that offer different packages....from basic (cap, badge, etc) to Gold (includes game seats, etc); in a bid to gain members with different circumstances, budgets, etc. in order to capture a large number of members from the city (and further a field)  and gain community buy in, whilst maximising income. 

That's the thing, where's the incentive? 

£90 and you get fizz all without spending a load more.

At least throw in a new shirt or something. 

Its mental. What on earth is he thinking?

• Like 1

This is absolutely disgusting. What on earth do this club think of us fans?

The match-day pricing was almost acceptable with a membership at £50, however it did mean The Kop is the only slightly affordable option as an adult. 

This is just preposterous - we're a mid-table Championship team who have achieved precisely nowt in over 27 years, and haven't been in the top flight for 17. Our players aren't the most exciting in this league, the match-day experience isn't any better than anywhere else. 

Just took a look around social media to see how it was going down

There's so much hate right now for this membership pricing

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

Priced me out.

Baby on the way in October so had to sacrifice my season ticket but planned on getting to most of the Saturday home matches and the membership at £50 made it just about worthwhile.

This price hike just makes it utterly pointless now. Probably count on one hand how many games I'll attend this season.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just took a look around social media to see how it was going down

There's so much hate right now for this membership pricing

Not everywhere

Seems like 1 in 4 are in favour of it

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

Oh balls

well - its currently at 24% in favour - with a sizeable voting amount

On 15/07/2018 at 10:19, thewookieisdown said:

Comparisons aren't really relevant. Chelsea etc are big clubs with internationalised support and essentially you are signing up for a package of benefits which includes access to tickets for second tier games. 

For smaller clubs like us the point should be to offer something for those who want to attend quite regularly but not so often they want an ST and enticing/enabling them to do say 12 home games not 8. To me the sticker price for membership seems too high if that's the intention. 

You mean You?:stuwinky:

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Not everywhere

Everywhere mate!

They're won't be a single owl who clicked Sounds Great.

Other teams fans on a wind up

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

What I don't get is that it is the exact opposite of attracting customers.

I get the drive to convert regular attendees in ST holders, that makes perfect sense but if season tickets were £100, we still wouldn't physically be able to attend more than 6 or 7 home games. Membership is the best alternative for someone like me. We pay £50 for essentially nothing more than the guarantee of being able to buy decent tickets when we can get there. The ticket discount is a Tesco trick, increase price by £5 then give a £5 discount to make you feel like you've made a saving.

I don't claim to be an UberFan but probably put £700 the clubs way last year between memberships and POTD tickets. How much do they expect me to spend when, by the fact that I don't have a season ticket, it should already be clear that I won't or can't attend the majority of matches?

• Agree 2

Absolute, complete joke.

And all you lot blowing smoke up whatever shes called from Charltons bum can do one!

I have said it many times, Chansiri hasnt got a clue about pricing and hes the one calling the shots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Not everywhere

Just replicated that to try out the polls thing - never done one before

• Agree 1

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

Seems like for all Chansiri likes to use the phrase 'The Sheffield Wednesday Family' he only wants the club to belong to people with deep pockets.

• Agree 2

Just now, Kate said:

I'm out.

This is ridiculous. We always got a membership for the few games a season we can make, but I cannot justify £90 each. You get nothing for it without having to spend loads more money

it's a massive kick in the teeth for long distance fans/ people who work shifts/ just normal fans in general really.

Shocking decision

You should have posted that pic of you and the Chairman smiling again :-) 

Just endured a poo season, we’re now having to sell players to balance the books, and the club rewards its long suffering supporters by ripping them off. 

Chansiri is going to get a lot of abuse for this and I wouldn’t be surprised if he picks up the ball and goes home. The bloke doesn’t know anything about football and it is all going to end in tears. 

• Agree 6