Membership Pricing 2018/19

3 hours ago, dobbo said:

To those that think this is just a way to get money into the club for FFP reasons, wasn't the same said about the club 1867 scheme? we didn't have 10,000 mysterious investors in that, did we!?

I don't know, what are the official figures on the 1867 scheme, I'd be interested to know the uptake!

11 hours ago, northeastowl said:

What’s really annoying me is the club just don’t listen to the fans. 

I might in a lucky enough position to afford a season ticket plus travel down every game (which I have done for the last 3 years) however a change of job this buying a season ticket was rendered pointless as I would miss pretty much all Saturday games unless I put a holiday in at work. 

Plan was to buy a membership and do about 10 games. Now with the membership and ticket prices announced im not going to bother at all. 

The club really don’t care about the fans one bit.

This is exactly the kind of scenario that I mentioned earlier in the thread - an 'all or nothing' culture.

I'm really puzzled by this new policy on membership. It's like throwing a bit of everything at everybody and hoping something appeals, i.e. a ticket discount, a discount in the shop, ticket priority etc- if you add it all up it might be good value to a very small percentage of non season  ticket holders, but the vast majority will only have real interest in one of the benefits (more than likely the ticket discount) and therefore it's just seen as a price hike.

Surely the club has enough data to use the membership as a tool to increase the walk up. e.g. see how many games members are going to/which games they're choosing and build an enticing scheme around that with tangible benefits.

Maybe for instance they can see from the data that members rarely attend category E/F games and therefore offer £10 discount on all those games, or maybe an increased discount once a member has attended 15 games. 

There just doesn't seem to be any logic behind this latest move- it just looks like finger in the air stuff to try and justify a huge % increase that probably will only amount to good value for a very small % of fans.

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This is exactly the kind of scenario that I mentioned earlier in the thread - an 'all or nothing' culture.

I'm really puzzled by this new policy on membership. It's like throwing a bit of everything at everybody and hoping something appeals, i.e. a ticket discount, a discount in the shop, ticket priority etc- if you add it all up it might be good value to a very small percentage of non season  ticket holders, but the vast majority will only have real interest in one of the benefits (more than likely the ticket discount) and therefore it's just seen as a price hike.

Surely the club has enough data to use the membership as a tool to increase the walk up. e.g. see how many games members are going to/which games they're choosing and build an enticing scheme around that with tangible benefits.

Maybe for instance they can see from the data that members rarely attend category E/F games and therefore offer £10 discount on all those games, or maybe an increased discount once a member has attended 15 games. 

There just doesn't seem to be any logic behind this latest move- it just looks like finger in the air stuff to try and justify a huge % increase that probably will only amount to good value for a very small % of fans.

You have raised numerous valid points and we are just fans debating on a message board. There’s people getting paid to do this job yet still continuously go “oh I know, let’s just increase the prices, that’ll work. 

In saying that I don’t blame the people working at the club as it’s quite clear what Chansiri says goes. 

As I said in another thread I would love to have a chat with Chansiri about this. I emailed the club about it a year or so ago and got a response from Trevor Braithwaite that basically said thanks for your email but though. No explanation of any decisions that get made.

Me like many, I'm fair certain, are totally p1ssed off by this membership price hike. Just getting priced out more and more. At the moment I'm so p1ssed off with the club that I'm seriously considering giving my hard earned to a non-league club next season. They'd definitely need it more and would no doubt appreciate it more.

If fans don't get memberships but get bitten by the bug and keep going to games Chansiri is quids in

It all relies purely on the team's performances and results in the first run of games and how we do in the league positions to get people excited

It's a risky move this one because if nobody buys memberships and then we start heading to top three in the table we're gonna be rich, and if we struggle down the bottom we will be in real dire trouble for POTG fans not rocking up

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Having slept on this and considered all of the factors, I'm going to give the Chairman my full support on this move.

After all, he's a highly successful businessman and must know what he's doing

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If fans don't get memberships but get bitten by the bug and keep going to games Chansiri is quids in

It all relies purely on the team's performances and results in the first run of games and how we do in the league positions to get people excited

It's a risky move this one because if nobody buys memberships and then we start heading to top three in the table we're gonna be rich, and if we struggle down the bottom we will be in real dire trouble for POTG fans not rocking up

The thing is, having a membership with the £5 reduction seemed to make it affordable but when you're talking about £40 to watch Hull without the £5 reduction then that's a whole new ball game, for me anyhow.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not sure that will apply to everyone tbh.

I barely attended in Carlos's first two seasons because of the POTG prices, despite the good results we had. Last year I went for a ST and have done the same this year, despite the relatively awful home performances for the majority of last season.

For me it comes down to VFM of the ticket price. Season tickets are reasonable value (and I'm .fortunate enough to be able to make most if not all games) when I take into account the £23 for kids one I also buy and the concession price of my Dad's.

POTG prices are just awful - with hindsight you might look back if we stuff Hull 4-0 and say 'great value' but that's not what I'd be baseing my purchasing decision on if I was still part of the potential matchday walk up.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think your right ….he's a gambler who gambled all on getting promoted in 2016/17 and when that  failed he was in the financial mire ......he's now gambling that the team can show up and pull in the fans at whatever price by being successful ……..I really hope he can pull it off but  suspect he's heading for another fail . 

15 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Having slept on this and considered all of the factors, I'm going to give the Chairman my full support on this move.

C4AEA842-991C-410F-B60A-C03D23EBF284.gif.d5ff4a92e142c2fdfdd8c8f4a9e618f8.gif

As Duncan Ballentine says. I'm out! I would have got membership for me and my two kids as I have done for several years. A season ticket wasn't on because I can't get to enough games. The benefits don't match the price. If it were £10 discount on match day tickets it may be worth it.

21 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

To be fair, I know that’s what he was waiting on. Your endorsement allows the programme to now continue at pace.

lol

31 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Glad to see you've reconsidered your position. Your family will be returned to you unharmed.

:Chansiri:

Guest Hillsborough Mole
7 minutes ago, Steelman said:

£90 for this membership scheme is an utter disgrace.

I'm ashamed of this club. Chansiri's turning us into a laughing stock.

Believe