Membership Pricing 2018/19

Im afraid that's made my mind up.Transfer window is still open with the potential of more players leaving and those membership prices.I will have to pick and choose my matches and just pay the high tickets prices.I know DC said nobody complained about signingls when we were doing well.I don't believe that but for those who complained he wouldn't have listened anyway.It never crashes to amaze me how loyal and dedicated my fellow owls fans are.I can't believe there would be many clubs in the top 2 league who would endure what our club has served  us up for the last 20 years.Its what makes our club such a special club.I hope that one day karma kicks in and we get back what all wednesday fans deserve

The daft thing is, the actual direct income membership sales generate is relatively small. If we sold 5,000 even at the £90 price (which we won't!), that would only amount to £450K which wouldn't cover Jone's wages for a month. :Chansiri:

So why alienate your fans with this stupid pricing. Wonder how long before the club retracts this offer and changes it? As it stands I won't bother this season and will just pick a small handful of cheaper games (assuming there will be some). 

This is the first time since Chansiri has been in charge I can't justify his decision in any shape or form. I've had a membership, even when I've had season tickets since 2004. I won't be getting one this years. The price increase can't be justified, the benefits are empty and pointless. 

I have two boys which means I can't get a season ticket, being a member was about being part of the club, my sons would also have been signed up this season. But not now, £170 it would cost me. All I want is the club to have our details so we can be part of offers, part of emails, and attend as many games as possible. 

This is a terrible idea and this season has already lost 3 members, 2 being the future fans of the club. 

The highest in the league and probably the Premier League, an absolute disgrace and it;s gutting because I have no idea where he is taking us with prices like this, let alone the kit price!

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Trying to coerce people into buying a season ticket...

Not everyone wants to sit there on a Tuesday night, whilst it's weeing it down, against Millwall. 

Not everyone can. I can't get there in time after the kids finish school.

34 minutes ago, g-owls said:

The pressure is on the manager and players big time.

Has Chansiri actually realised that ever increasing prices combined with mediocre performances on the pitch results in lower crowds?

We won't challenge this season - It will be better than last but then again it can't afford to be anything else.

He's deluded and obviously thinks we're still in 2015 with a real feel good factor.

Not just lower crowds...the atmosphere will be awful unless we blast out of the blocks...it's not brilliant at the best of times.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Bit high as a one off payment, but it's not bad value if you can take advantage of the offers.

Three (defined) matches = £40 saving 

One match shirt = £15 saving 

Well on your way to getting your money back. Another 7 games or a few shop purchases.

The kids memberships look like excellent value.

How are you getting the discount on the shirt?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brommers said:

The daft thing is, the actual direct income membership sales generate is relatively small. If we sold 5,000 even at the £90 price (which we won't!), that would only amount to £450K which wouldn't cover Jone's wages for a month. :Chansiri:

So why alienate your fans with this stupid pricing. Wonder how long before the club retracts this offer and changes it? As it stands I won't bother this season and will just pick a small handful of cheaper games (assuming there will be some). 

Exactly, it's barely anything - should be £50 tops, especially when it's not clear how competitive we'll be this year RE ticket priority -  even at that I wasn't sure. If it's £90 there's no chance

Edited by jomaco

42 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

United will have a higher gate than us by about 3,000. And it will stay like that while ever we have these bonkers prices or fail to get promoted. And I don’t even want to think about the young supporters that are being priced out. 

I’ve said it before, this pricing will come back to haunt us a decade from now when the young people of this city either follow one of the big teams or stick their lot in with United.

This could have serious ramifications on the dynamic between us and Utd and if he ends up shrinking our fan base whilst we both muddle on in the Championship I’ll never forgive the Chairman.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sammo said:

This is absolutely disgusting. What on earth do this club think of us fans?

The match-day pricing was almost acceptable with a membership at £50, however it did mean The Kop is the only slightly affordable option as an adult. 

This is just preposterous - we're a mid-table Championship team who have achieved precisely nowt in over 27 years, and haven't been in the top flight for 17. Our players aren't the most exciting in this league, the match-day experience isn't any better than anywhere else. 

Exactly this last paragraph.

i could stomach a hike in prices - albeit one that was already higher than the top Prem teams - if we were paying for a high quality product. But we’re not.

We’ll be sitting in a half empty delapidated stadium watching average second division footballers but getting charged top whack prices for seats, shirts, exec boxes, memberships and pints.

Barring Jos playing a blinder and getting us promoted this season I can see this turning nasty and abusive. 

14 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

£40 is arguably what membership should cost anyway. People were disgruntled when it went up to £50 and that was only sustained by people swallowing the cost on the back of security for potential play-off final tickets.

For it to rise by £40 stinks. Like many aspects of how much it costs it support Sheffield Wednesday now, for me it's not about physically affording it and more about do I want to pay these sort of prices. The reality is that I'm an adult with other interests, with kids who have other interests, and the club seems intent on making it as difficult as possible to justify spending these increasing amounts on what is - ultimately and unfortunately - a failing football club.

A Manchester City "Cityzens" membership costs £35 for the year - £25 for Under 18's - and includes ticket priority and £5 off match day tickets.

Not saying I agree with £90 for membership but you can't quote Man City's prices as an arguement, their revenue from royalties etc is in the millions and they can therefore afford to have cheaper prices.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, Rebowl Yell said:

I’ve said it before, this pricing will come back to haunt us a decade from now when the young people of this city either follow one of the big teams or stick their lot in with United.

This could have serious ramifications on the dynamic between us and Utd and if he ends up shrinking our fan base whilst we both muddle on in the Championship I’ll never forgive the Chairman.

Is there actually 2 of you? And you take it in turns to post? One of you sensible and rational - and the other a raving lunatic?

genuine question

I'm going to stop posting for today. 

The membership price has really angered me

The highest price in football. None of my friends can afford it, having young families and rent to pay. My brother, being able to get to 4 or 5 games a season can't justify it.

I feel ashamed when asking people to join me at a match. Annoyed and gutted

Edited by bigash_swfc
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Second highest ST prices

£39 for a home game against Hull

£50 for membership.

£59 for a replica shirt. 

Four years of being ripped off and still no better off than we were under Stuart Gray. 

No signings but we have sold our best right  back

I don't know what more it would take to get people to stop defending Chansiri to the hilt to be honest.

It really baffles me just how people  still think he's doing a good job. 

Think people are just blinded by the money when he first come in and don't want to look like idiots for changing their minds about him.

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Is there actually 2 of you? And you take it in turns to post? One of you sensible and rational - and the other a raving lunatic?

genuine question

I like you, you understand me :rolleyes:

Anyway it’s true Mole, this is no time to be flippant. It’s all well and good satirising the TruFan’s like I like to do but at times like this we need to stand together and save this club from making horrendous mistakes that may cost us this city in future.

Sheffield United aren’t that much smaller than us, the pendulum could swing if we keep pricing out the general fan base and Mr Yell is not OK with this.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I like you, you understand me :rolleyes:

Anyway it’s true Mole, this is no time to be flippant. It’s all well and good satirising the TruFan’s like I like to do but at times like this we need to stand together and save this club from making horrendous mistakes that may cost us this city in future.

Sheffield United aren’t that much smaller than us, the pendulum could swing if we keep pricing out the general fan base and Mr Yell is not OK with this.

I think your lunatic mate just missed a turn lol

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

He's funnier than you..

not difficult I know...

Like an arrow to the heart that one. 

Shouldn't you be in the dressing room tugging Banch off? 

Just now, Hookowl said:

Not saying I agree with £90 for membership but you can't quote Man City's prices as an arguement, their revenue from royalties etc is in the millions and they can therefore afford to have cheaper prices.

With due respect, as a consumer that's of no concern to me.

£90 p/a appears to be totally out of whack with membership pricing across the board. As far as anybody seems able to find, nobody is charging that. Clubs who have more money than us, clubs who are of similar standing, clubs with less.. none of them are charging £90.

I could buy a years membership for both me and my lad at City (or Man United - £32 for the year) and get the same benefits as we are offering, and still have enough spare to buy a ticket for a Champions League night, for what it costs for just my membership here.

It's not competitive. With anybody.

• Like 1