Embargo?

24 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The worry if we can't invest in players is what happens if clubs that can splash cash around come in for our better players. Are they going to want to move to a club that's making an obvious push for promotion.   

Yeah, this is the concern about treading water for a season while we wait for next summer to reshape the squad.

I advocate this approach - well, I mean, I accept it's the most sensible approach over all - but it could require a hard sell for a player like Bannan whose contract is up next summer. And since we won't wait until next summer before agreeing a new contract with him, if he's unconvinced of our plans going forward by the time January comes around, I could see us having to sell him, and then once one of our top players leaves the others may also start to feel unsettled.

14 minutes ago, modboy said:

Re ticket prices I've resigned myself to probably just attending a couple this coming season having not renewed my season ticket. This makes me sad but POTG prices are just ridiculous 

Its sad how the club fleece the support 

I understand DC is probably trying his best but he gets it wrong so many times 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I’ve got an idea.

Perhaps Giddins should get off his backside and ask the person who would know and can’t dodge the question. ie the CEO

Or is he frightened of her?

Or if as people are suggesting he already knows the answer then say so

Are u totally insane????

A local journalist actually finding out information rather than being sat in his underpants refreshing Twitter for their info......never happen 

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

How much did the play off final cost you 

One off event's are different. 

Hence why you now see many playoff games / charity shield / England games not selling out, especially from teams who play at Wembley often.  Or why I didn't go to see the foo fighters at ethiad a couple of weeks ago, nor bothering with the Arctic monkeys at the arena this autumn. 

Fwiw I probably wouldn't have gone the  season before last as my disposable income isn't endless. 

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

How much did the play off final cost you 

£550 for the season ticket 

£200 travel 

£1000? Away matches 

£70 play off final ticket + £150 travel etc 

All rough estimates, hope that’s ok but I fail to see your point or relavance 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

So you think we should be the cheapest in the division? 

I’m struggling with the fact that every single post you make is a negative???

Do you have an agenda, has Chansiri shagged your Mrs ?

Every single post you make is an attack on the Chairman and the club ..... give it a rest ffs!

Wasting your time mate. Been through this argument with him myself, never has anything good to say. Makes you wonder why he's a fan of our club? 

Guest wilyfox

How can we be embargoed when we're only 2yrs into a 3yr aggregate? They don't know what business we may do or what our accounts will be for year 3. 

4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Wasting your time mate. Been through this argument with him myself, never has anything good to say. Makes you wonder why he's a fan of our club? 

When facts are quoted they are ignored. An argument I advanced was “fundamentally flawed” despite every assertion in it being true. 

May as well have a bit of devilry to brighten up proceedings.  Chansiri isn’t Wednesday. Neither was Allen, McGhee, Culley, Richards or Mandaric.

I pay my money, go to games, never boo during the match, cheer them, buy the pies - ie I support them. Then every now and again I spout harmless testicles on here. No harm done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

How can we be embargoed when we're only 2yrs into a 3yr aggregate? They don't know what business we may do or what our accounts will be for year 3. 

I think they get draft accounts. The club will know the position from management accounts. 

I don't recall @rickygoo attacking the club much. The owner certainly, and I'm partial to a bit of that myself because he's done a lot of things worthy of criticism (as well, of course, as the things worthy of praise).

I support Sheffield Wednesday. The idea that by criticising the guy that currently owns us I'm contradicting that support is just ridiculous. Some of the fans on here genuinely scare me in what they're willing to defend.

• Thanks 2

Guest wilyfox
Just now, rickygoo said:

I think they get draft accounts. The club will know the position from management accounts. 

The club will, but the football league won't. We could yet sell FF to balance books for all they know. How can they reprimand before we've even broken the rules? Shoot first, ask questions later..