Embargo?

I’ve got an idea.

Perhaps Giddins should get off his backside and ask the person who would know and can’t dodge the question. ie the CEO

Or is he frightened of her?

Or if as people are suggesting he already knows the answer then say so

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Turn of phrase  - have been on and off for last 40 odd years. Have been since we last got relegated to Div 3. So I am a ST holder. Am I allowed an opinion now?

I just want the club to be straight. We do need to unload players.

We've done well to get rid of Rhodes - hopefully on a reasonable deal. Hunt is probably our best full back but if we are in a bit of financial poo then every player will have a price. The worry will be if we have to release players that we won't be able to afford to replace with similar quality because of the cash we've spunked despite having such high prices. 

And to deny our prices are high compared with the rest of the division is ridiculous. 

Almost as ridiculous as constantly attacking the club you purport to support........ on and off!

Maybe you should be a bit more Trumpesque ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Calm down everyone jeeeeeeeez

We're all Wednesday fans

It's ok to disagree but dont' get wound up or angrymad about someone's opinion 

It's the uberfans - I believe that's what they're called now - who can't distinguish between Chansiri and Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. They get irate. I'm quite calm. I know it will all turn to poo sooner or later - no point getting in a lather about it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Almost as ridiculous as constantly attacking the club you purport to support........ on and off!

Maybe you should be a bit more Trumpesque ?

Silly man. Silly, silly, silly.

Purport? I haven't had a season ticket for some of those years because I lived away from Sheffield for a spell, I had jobs that involved working Saturdays, I haven't had the money - a variety of reasons. But I have paid my dues spending thousands following them all over the country over the years going to as many matches as I can. I am one of the proud few who was in the infamous 6k+ crowd in Division 3.  Perhaps you were too.

So I don't need any lessons from a pompous, brown nosing fool - thanks all the same. 

lol

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Was ? ..... 45 years ago ? .... explains a lot!

Fed up of listening to your negativebollox now, you’re interrupting me following the coverage of the leader of the free world visiting this green and pleasant land!

He's in Scotland - it's not very pleasant.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Silly man. Silly, silly, silly.

Purport? I haven't had a season ticket for some of those years because I lived away from Sheffield for a spell, I had jobs that involved working Saturdays, I haven't had the money - a variety of reasons. But I have paid my dues spending thousands following them all over the country over the years going to as many matches as I can. I am one of the proud few who was in the infamous 6k+ crowd in Division 3.  Perhaps you were too.

So I don't need any lessons from a pompous, brown nosing fool - thanks all the same. 

lol

Hmmmmm ......... so you don’t go then ?

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Calm down everyone jeeeeeeeez

We're all Wednesday fans

It's ok to disagree but dont' get wound up or angrymad about someone's opinion 

Like trapped wind these things are better off out than in. 

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

What did Jos actually say or not as the case may be 

giddings asked if we were one of the 6 championship clubs under a transfer embargo

and jos danced away from the question-most of his answers were about playing youngsters , working with the players he has.

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Hmmmmm ......... so you don’t go then ?

I think I told you earlier. I am a ST holder now. I have been on and off for 40 odd years depending on work/money. I have been a ST holder in this spell since the halcyon days of Gary Teale, his Baby Bentley and Alan Irvine. 

I go to games when I'm not working on a Saturday or not working away for midweek games -which makes my ST even more expensive as I miss 5 or 6 home games a season.  Is that OK?

I think I told you earlier. I am a ST holder now. I have been on and off for 40 odd years depending on work/money. I have been a ST holder in this spell since the halcyon days of Gary Teale, his Baby Bentley and Alan Irvine. 

I go to games when I'm not working on a Saturday or not working away for midweek games -which makes my ST even more expensive as I miss 5 or 6 home games a season.  Is that OK?

Soz, doesn’t ring true ..........

Anyway, Donald meets Putin next !

4 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:

giddings asked if we were one of the 6 championship clubs under a transfer embargo

and jos danced away from the question-most of his answers were about playing youngsters , working with the players he has.

The worry if we can't invest in players is what happens if clubs that can splash cash around come in for our better players. Are they going to want to move to a club that's making an obvious push for promotion. 

The window closes on the 9th August doesn't it? But we'll still be vulnerable to loan deals up to the end of the month.

Jos may well have to earn his dosh. We could do with a good start to show we could be in for a good season.  

Don't tell me Fake News. Doesn't ring true!? 

WTF:

If you followed my posts as closely as you pretend to have you'd know better

lol

Brown nose - orange cheeks. 

I’m claiming a result here, that’s 3 consecutive posts where you haven’t slagged the club you purport to support and it’s completely down to me !!!

Just now, casbahowl said:

I’m claiming a result here, that’s 3 consecutive posts where you haven’t slagged the club you purport to support and it’s completely down to me !!!

Congratulations. Now go and have a celebratory w@nk into your Shoot poster of Colin Prophett. 

• Haha 1

As I pointed out in another thread. I just think we've finally realised instead of stockpiling players we need to trim the squad and sell a few on before we can bring some in to potentially avoid breaking the rules if we bring 3/4 in and don't get any out putting us over the ffp limit. Makes totally good business sense. 

If I'm being honest I think we'll try thinning the squad out before the season starts, maybe get a loan or two in and see we're we are come January, by then Jos will have HD plenty of games to decide which youngsters are capable and look to strengthen in areas he will know we need to.