Embargo?

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

What an utterly ridiculous statement!

Well I did so my point is valid. Last year I did, this year I'm giving it a miss. 

4 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

What do your mates do with the tickets they dont use? 

Some give them away, like I did to jambler a couple of times last year, others I know just let them go to waste I think unfortunately 

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Well I did so my point is valid. Last year I did, this year I'm giving it a miss. 

Some give them away, like I did to jambler a couple of times last year, others I know just let them go to waste I think unfortunately 

Serious question, what do think is a reasonable pay on the day price. Say for instance on the South stand. 

20 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Serious question, what do think is a reasonable pay on the day price. Say for instance on the South stand. 

20% more than the equivalent season ticket average price per match. So kop would say be £25 potg 

Season ticket holders should be financially rewarded, those that can't afford or commit shouldn't be financially stung. 

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
On 14/07/2018 at 20:02, wilyfox said:

How can we be embargoed when we're only 2yrs into a 3yr aggregate? They don't know what business we may do or what our accounts will be for year 3. 

Do you understand the concept of a 'rolling 3 years?' 

On 14/07/2018 at 20:08, wilyfox said:

The club will, but the football league won't. We could yet sell FF to balance books for all they know. How can they reprimand before we've even broken the rules? Shoot first, ask questions later..

The football league do. The club has to supply a forecast for the years accounts at the end of March - then actual accounts at the end of May. To the EFL. So they know now (and have done since the end of May) whether we are in breach of FFP - as well as all the other clubs in the Championship

On 14/07/2018 at 20:54, Willow Owl said:

FACT- Commercial side of business was losing money as what was paid for the boxes did not cover the overall losses. These people were quite happy to milk the club and pay for cheap hospitality while entertaining their customers for their own private gain.

Actual facts 

Actual rounduns mate. 

The club was making a margin of 45% on boxes at £25k - and sold over 20 a season. 

On 14/07/2018 at 21:56, jellybean said:

We were definitely making a loss on corporate for last 10 years. 

Nope - also rounduns

23 hours ago, jellybean said:

They were given a price which was unsustainable, I doubt they would have been willing to pay a price which would have covered the costs, agree they didn't do it through malice though 

The club were making 45%. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Bless you @wilyfox for the down vote because I posted facts you don't like

Do you really think I give a testicles?

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Do you understand the concept of a 'rolling 3 years?' 

The football league do. The club has to supply a forecast for the years accounts at the end of March - then actual accounts at the end of May. To the EFL. So they know now (and have done since the end of May) whether we are in breach of FFP - as well as all the other clubs in the Championship

Actual rounduns mate. 

The club was making a margin of 45% on boxes at £25k - and sold over 20 a season. 

Nope - also rounduns

The club were making 45%. 

I think you will find you are talking round uns. When DC took over only 60% of the 600 corporate places were taken and were running at a loss. Price increases were implemented as to try and gain some profit as the losses were not sustainable. Even now, if all places were taken it would only generate 1/2 Million profit. 

Try reading the ask the chairman Q&A, or the steering group reports before throwing insults around!!!! 

9 hours ago, modboy said:

20% more than the equivalent season ticket average price per match. So kop would say be £25 potg 

Season ticket holders should be financially rewarded, those that can't afford or commit shouldn't be financially stung. 

while I totally agree with you the problem with that is I don't think the club would sell the same amount of season tickets , I paid £23 a match last season  so 20%  would be £27.60 …….at that price members after the initial 50 quid fee would be paying slightly less than  season ticket holders . …….nothing wrong with that for the fans but chansiri seems to pin everything on getting as many as possible to commit to STs and I doubt quite a  few would when there's not really much financial gain .

9 hours ago, modboy said:

Season ticket prices are too high in the first place 

There is no room for manoeuvre on the match day prices without being stupidly expensive 

The worrying thing is the club can’t do anything about it for at least 6 years now (people who have bought a 3 year one and a 5 year one have 6 years to go)

The only way these prices were ever going to be justified was with promotion 

On a whole though the fan base have backed them 24k plus on a regular basis 

Add to this 5 kits in 12 months - which will have sold well despite the clubs lack of commercial sense 

Yet despite all this we are on a cost cutting exercise.....great work Wednesday 

14 minutes ago, torres said:

Season ticket prices are too high in the first place 

There is no room for manoeuvre on the match day prices without being stupidly expensive 

The worrying thing is the club can’t do anything about it for at least 6 years now (people who have bought a 3 year one and a 5 year one have 6 years to go)

The only way these prices were ever going to be justified was with promotion 

On a whole though the fan base have backed them 24k plus on a regular basis 

Add to this 5 kits in 12 months - which will have sold well despite the clubs lack of commercial sense 

Yet despite all this we are on a cost cutting exercise.....great work Wednesday 

Season ticket prices are fantastic value for money!

51 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Season ticket prices are fantastic value for money!

It depends how you define value for money.

Mine works out at roughly £23 a game i think (South stand early bird prices - can't remember off the top of my head)

Now compared to £42-49 for the same seat it's great value.

But compare it to others in our league and even to Premier league ones it becomes less great value 

I just think the balance is still not quite there.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
8 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

I think you will find you are talking round uns. When DC took over only 60% of the 600 corporate places were taken and were running at a loss. Price increases were implemented as to try and gain some profit as the losses were not sustainable. Even now, if all places were taken it would only generate 1/2 Million profit. 

Try reading the ask the chairman Q&A, or the steering group reports before throwing insults around!!!! 

Sorry mate - thats rounduns as well.

1 - we have far more than 600 corporate places - there are at least 300 just in exec boxes, then with all the other lounges, Dooleys, Sheridans, even North Stand.

2 - my figures related entirely to boxes. 

3 - Lets just say that your figure of 60% is correct for utilisation (it isnt). What is the percentage utilisation now? I'd make a calculated guess at less than 10%.

10 minutes ago, torres said:

It depends how you define value for money.

Mine works out at roughly £23 a game i think (South stand early bird prices - can't remember off the top of my head)

Now compared to £42-49 for the same seat it's great value.

But compare it to others in our league and even to Premier league ones it becomes less great value 

I just think the balance is still not quite there.

You make valid points pal but I think it’s a little unfair to bring premiership prices into the equation because of the Sky trillions available to them.

You and I pay £23 for all our home league games, not much more than we paid when managed by Jones & Gray.

For that outlay I’m watching a team with real premiership ambitions and I get to see 30 or so mates who’ve been close friends for 35/40 years for pre and post match beers, who if it weren’t for Wednesday may well have lost touch other than birthdays/weddings/divorces & increasingly funerals.

In my world that’s excellent VFM!

• Like 1