Embargo?

24 minutes ago, MAL said:

Thanks for the reply, but..

Take the point that rickygoo & others have  made...

IF DC walked away, for whatever reason...

Would it HAVE to be repaid, or would it just be written off.

IF nobody was willing to buy it, what would happen?

You mean if DC decided he was no longer going to pay any more wages and bills?

Anything the club owes DC would only be permitted to be written off if DC himself permits it. Otherwise, I doubt there's any law or loophole that if invoked would mean the club no longer have to owe anything.

If he's borrowed any money and secured it against the club I suppose they'd be able claim the club. It would be a bizarre step from DC though. He'd have to be personally bankrupt, I would've thought, before anything drastic like this were to happen.

• Like 1

If we were under an embargo I’m sure we would know by now as for DC walking away, he doesn’t strike me as the sort to do that. We seem at the minute to be handling a difficult position quite well I just hope we start the season with FF and bannan because if we do we have every chance 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

I understand that if a genuine fan - and I mean someone who can prove that they are a fan having supported the club in some manner previously, that each individual case would be given credence and a lesser fee for a season ticket could be agreed.

One might understand why this kind of case by case scenario may not be public knowledge.

I don’t agree with the principle of this 

One off special case prices don’t sit right with me 

The prices should be a lot lower - we were told if we pay more we get more for our money - which is clearly a load of rubbish 

7 hours ago, MAL said:

Thanks for the reply, but..

Take the point that rickygoo & others have  made...

IF DC walked away, for whatever reason...

Would it HAVE to be repaid, or would it just be written off.

IF nobody was willing to buy it, what would happen?

don't think anyone on here can answer that with any certainty mal …….I don't believe for one second that he'd just walk away without trying to recoup at least some of his investment by selling us on …..if he did just walk out and didn't sell us then i'd guess the club would fold ……..of course there may be something in the contract when he bought from mandaric that says he cant just walk out without handing control over to someone else ….only those involved know the rest of us can only guess   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hawksmore said:

You feel at ease knowing we are in the mire because we’ve been financially incompetent for 3 seasons?!

How have you arrived at the decision the club is operating sensibly? If that was the case we’d not have signed no marks like Urby on £20k+ a week. 

Financially and operationally the club needs to improve massively and quickly too. 

never said that. i quite clearly stated it was unsustainable running the club the way it was being run and In answer to the Embargo question, I merely answered that we are doing the sensible thing in trimming the squad and utilising the youngsters before adding to the squad.

not sure how you came to the conclusion I was at ease with the Financial incompetences over the past 3 seasons to be honest. 

Im at ease knowing we are doing the sensible thing in trying to sort it out and not carrying on the way we where and still throwing everything at it. 

Edited by waddle23

if dc walks away an embargo and ffp would be the least of our worries .our 27 million wage bill is nowhere near covered by our turnover which would mean administration or liquidation as a last resort if no buyer was found that would  invest heavily in us , not sure if enough players would bring in enough funds to cover the loss we are making this past 2-3 years . this season could be a very rocky ride ,what happens if we have some kind of fire sale and as a result we are bottom 3? the reaction of the crowd towards chansiri might be unpleasant and would he pull the plug on funding?  interestingly there has been no fan meeting or steering meeting for a while and no heard when there is due to be one next, hardly surprising with whats going off behind the scenes . lets hope thing aint as bad as we might be thinking . 

Guest Willow Owl
18 hours ago, modboy said:

FACT - POTG prices are one of the most expensive in the league, and more expensive than some Premier league teams. In turn putting of fans who are unable to commit to a season ticket

My point was, despite all the  complaints regarding prices. Attendances and season tickets went up. 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

My point was, despite all the  complaints regarding prices. Attendances and season tickets went up. 

Only because people in my opinion feel bullied into buying a season ticket. Brilliant business sense but not great for the wider fan base 

6 hours ago, handworth52 said:

if dc walks away an embargo and ffp would be the least of our worries .our 27 million wage bill is nowhere near covered by our turnover which would mean administration or liquidation 

Are you saying that we're being ran irresponsibly and dangerously?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, modboy said:

Only because people in my opinion feel bullied into buying a season ticket. Brilliant business sense but not great for the wider fan base 

Wow, what a statement. Nobody forces anyone to spend what they dont want too. 

11 minutes ago, modboy said:

Nobody got a gun to ya head

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Wow, what a statement. Nobody forces anyone to spend what they dont want too. 

I think their prices strategy does. If you don't buy a season ticket you know financially its ridiculous to potg. 

Many mates buy season tickets factoring in that they can still miss many games and it's still cheaper / more palatable than paying on the gate 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you saying that we're being ran irresponsibly and dangerously?

Dont think he meant that but it suggests we clearly gambled on promotion in 3 years. As a businessman his projections would have seen this coming if not, surely? 

Guest Willow Owl
16 minutes ago, modboy said:

I think their prices strategy does. If you don't buy a season ticket you know financially its ridiculous to potg. 

Many mates buy season tickets factoring in that they can still miss many games and it's still cheaper / more palatable than paying on the gate 

What do your mates do with the tickets they dont use? 

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Aye, I don't know how many others were  / are in a similar position to me as I will miss some games due to work commitments. Now, pre DC I may / may not have bought a season ticket as it could have worked out cheaper paying on the gate, either way it wasn't an issue. Now I feel like I'm being forced down the route of buying a season ticket because the POTG prices are so unreasonable, no way am I paying those prices. Job done by DC, walk away if I don't like it, nobody is forcing me to go are all valid opinions, but I find it a bit extreme when you can have a supporter who has been going for as long as I can remember, turning up whenever possible to potentially not going at all...all down to POTG prices. Yes DC has won the gamble right now because you can not argue against our average attendance but I wonder how long this will last? I've just taken the kids away camping for the weekend for about the same money as it would cost me and two kids to turn up to a home game, to my amazement I actually enjoyed it and they loved it. This is now going to be a consideration when I come to renewing my season ticket.