Embargo?

3 hours ago, torres said:

Its sad how the club fleece the support 

I understand DC is probably trying his best but he gets it wrong so many times 

I understand that if a genuine fan - and I mean someone who can prove that they are a fan having supported the club in some manner previously, that each individual case would be given credence and a lesser fee for a season ticket could be agreed.

One might understand why this kind of case by case scenario may not be public knowledge.

2 minutes ago, jellybean said:

They were given a price which was unsustainable, I doubt they would have been willing to pay a price which would have covered the costs, agree they didn't do it through malice though 

And the revised prices weren’t a triumph I gather. 

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

FACT- Attendances are at their best since the early 90s when last in premier league. Despite prices. 

FACT- Record season ticket sales over 21,000 Despite price increases. 

FACT- Record shirt sales despite prices and no stripes. 

FACT- Commercial side of business was losing money as what was paid for the boxes did not cover the overall losses. These people were quite happy to milk the club and pay for cheap hospitality while entertaining their customers for their own private gain.

FACT- The chairman has invested millions of his own money trying to get us to the promised land and continues to fund our losses. 

FACT- We are close to FFP because of the money DC had spent Wisely or not is doen to opinion. Season ticket sales and all corporate and retail sales do not cover our wage bill. 

Actual facts 

FACT - POTG prices are one of the most expensive in the league, and more expensive than some Premier league teams. In turn putting of fans who are unable to commit to a season ticket

• Like 1

I agree chill. The only people with a real cause to be angry at the moment are the fans likely to be priced out of going to Hillsborough.

For the rest of us it’s just a bit of knockabout stuff on the Internet. I don’t know why people get mardy about it. 

13 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

I understand that if a genuine fan - and I mean someone who can prove that they are a fan having supported the club in some manner previously, that each individual case would be given credence and a lesser fee for a season ticket could be agreed.

One might understand why this kind of case by case scenario may not be public knowledge.

Means testing to be able to afford to go to a match. Welcome to 21st Century football. Maybe we should get those people doing the disability testing to help vet people.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, mogbad said:

I thought we had to supply the EFL with financial projections, plus if the projections indicated that we would be breaching FFP limits then we had to demonstrate how we intended to bring the the club back within FFP rules. As far as I'm aware the EFL can enforce an embargo based on the projections if they see fit.

Seems premature to me. The club can't say for sure what business will be done this window or next that would impact on year 3 accounts. If clubs break the rules come the end of year 3, fine, punish them - but not before. 

18 minutes ago, MAL said:

Highlighted part, is a question for anybody who knows.

IF DC decided to walked away, would it have to be repaid, or would it just be written off.

hard to imagine he'd walk away ….. think he'd try to sell us and if the debt is with the club rather than him that would be reflected in the price ..

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Seems premature to me. The club can't say for sure what business will be done this window or next that would impact on year 3 accounts. If clubs break the rules come the end of year 3, fine, punish them - but not before. 

The year three accounts are made up to a date well before they are actually released. It isn’t conjecture or wild estimates. It’s based on actual figures from last season. 

I think there is then scope to say over next few months a club has a plan to put its house in order  - cut wages, sell players and raise cash etc. That would give them scope to stave off the penalties for a while to see if those plans come off. 

11 hours ago, modboy said:

Tbf he is a Rotherham fan so probably just winding me up. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

How can a Rovrum fan wind anyone up ?

Don't forget Tibbs.

Modboy is actually clockwork.

FFS.

Hahahaha if I had a mouthful of my pint I would have sprayed it everywhere really your telling me the only transfer embargo that sky sports and or any other news don’t know of is ours hahaha cmon really wake up!!

Edited by Lomas613

53 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And the revised prices weren’t a triumph I gather. 

No but they were sustainable. How much would you pay for ten people to have a 3 course meal and booze while watching football in a private room? Few hundred quid doesn't cut it. Probably not worth bothering unless your in prem but the offer was there for people if they fancied it.

1 minute ago, jellybean said:

No but they were sustainable. How much would you pay for ten people to have a 3 course meal and booze while watching football in a private room? Few hundred quid doesn't cut it. Probably not worth bothering unless your in prem but the offer was there for people if they fancied it.

Haven't they been slashed because they were so high they were pointless?

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Haven't they been slashed because they were so high they were pointless?

I wouldn't pay the original unsustainable price so doesn't bother me but would you sell something for less than it was worth?

8 minutes ago, jellybean said:

I wouldn't pay the original unsustainable price so doesn't bother me but would you sell something for less than it was worth?

Not unless it was a loss leader no. Hopefully they have found the happy medium. And not pissed potential customers off. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Not unless it was a loss leader no. Hopefully they have found the happy medium. And not pissed potential customers off. 

True pal, I don't know the exact price to just break even. It would be nice to get a few boxes full and see if it could start more being sold.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

hard to imagine he'd walk away ….. think he'd try to sell us and if the debt is with the club rather than him that would be reflected in the price ..

Thanks for the reply, but..

Take the point that rickygoo & others have  made...

IF DC walked away, for whatever reason...

Would it HAVE to be repaid, or would it just be written off.

IF nobody was willing to buy it, what would happen?