Embargo?

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

When facts are quoted they are ignored. An argument I advanced was “fundamentally flawed” despite every assertion in it being true. 

May as well have a bit of devilry to brighten up proceedings.  Chansiri isn’t Wednesday. Neither was Allen, McGhee, Culley, Richards or Mandaric.

I pay my money, go to games, never boo during the match, cheer them, buy the pies - ie I support them. Then every now and again I spout harmless testicles on here. No harm done. 

Yep but stop being the most negative poster ever ........ chill man, life’s good 

13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

The club will, but the football league won't. We could yet sell FF to balance books for all they know. How can they reprimand before we've even broken the rules? Shoot first, ask questions later..

I think we have to submit them as part of the 3 year rolling process. 

8 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Yep but stop being the most negative poster ever ........ chill man, life’s good 

I’m very happy ta. Very. 

That may change on August 4 of course. In retrospect that Preston game - I was there so you will hopefully give me leave to comment - was hugely significant in what it heralded, i.e. we were rubbish. I was one of the ones saying CC had earned another chance. 

Fingers crossed this Lancashire trip is a jollier one. 

9 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’m going to say no.

Firstly, Jos has always come across as an incredibly professional man. I’m sure he’s sensible enough not to disclose sensitive information about the club on the radio under soft questioning by a local journalist. Not answering such a question isn’t confirmation of anything.

Secondly, our current situation is no surprise to anyone. We all knew players had to leave before more could come in. We all knew this would be a slow summer. We need to offload before we can buy, and even then “buy” could be a cheaper deal or loans, and only after shifting out a few more.

We are getting our house in order. Talk of an embargo is driven by panic and rumour.

Good interview from Jos, the Blades Business Crew are at it again. Always looking for a problem at Wednesday. A new season with new hope and Giddings is labouring the point about transfers. What's the point in having a development team that challenges for under 23 titles if we're not prepared to give them a chance. This squad is good enough to challenge for promotion again and I'm sure. 

:luhukay:

21 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I’m very happy ta. Very. 

That may change on August 4 of course. In retrospect that Preston game - I was there so you will hopefully give me leave to comment - was hugely significant in what it heralded, i.e. we were rubbish. I was one of the ones saying CC had earned another chance. 

Fingers crossed this Lancashire trip is a jollier one. 

Ok , I’ll believe you 

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
34 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

When facts are quoted they are ignored. An argument I advanced was “fundamentally flawed” despite every assertion in it being true. 

May as well have a bit of devilry to brighten up proceedings.  Chansiri isn’t Wednesday. Neither was Allen, McGhee, Culley, Richards or Mandaric.

I pay my money, go to games, never boo during the match, cheer them, buy the pies - ie I support them. Then every now and again I spout harmless testicles on here. No harm done. 

FACT- Attendances are at their best since the early 90s when last in premier league. Despite prices. 

FACT- Record season ticket sales over 21,000 Despite price increases. 

FACT- Record shirt sales despite prices and no stripes. 

FACT- Commercial side of business was losing money as what was paid for the boxes did not cover the overall losses. These people were quite happy to milk the club and pay for cheap hospitality while entertaining their customers for their own private gain.

FACT- The chairman has invested millions of his own money trying to get us to the promised land and continues to fund our losses. 

FACT- We are close to FFP because of the money DC had spent Wisely or not is doen to opinion. Season ticket sales and all corporate and retail sales do not cover our wage bill. 

Actual facts 

9 hours ago, waddle23 said:

The way we where operating was unsustainable.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if we've had a talking to, i mean, didn't Chansiri say last season we where in regular contact with the EFL about the situation anyway!?!?

I feel much more at ease knowing the exenditure at SWFC will be reduced and the the kids are going to get a chance.

It doesnt take an accountant or the EFL to tell us we needed to cut the cloth. Looks to me like the club is just operating sensibly.

You feel at ease knowing we are in the mire because we’ve been financially incompetent for 3 seasons?!

How have you arrived at the decision the club is operating sensibly? If that was the case we’d not have signed no marks like Urby on £20k+ a week. 

Financially and operationally the club needs to improve massively and quickly too. 

im not sure where all this will lead to and how deep costs will be cut and even more cutting to our threadbone squad . despite all the optimism regarding England and younger players , ive been saying for a while that our squad age needs to come down and bring a few through from u23s , but based on 1st pre season game and how many u23s went with 1st team squad on training camps it seems jos is upgrading quite a few . im not sure if a few are ready id sooner see the likes of Kirby hunt lee etc go out on loan like thornily clare etc did .going from u23 to championship is a big jump id sooner see 2-3 involved rather than 8-10 , as expected we wont have a fully fit squad for start of season and im expecting the usual players to have there injury layoffs this season so where does that leave us by xmas? half our team could be made up of u23s if they make the grade brilliant ,if they don't there confidence would take a hit .to stay on same level in football(championship ) u need to add 3 new signings . we have lost 7 and counting with no additions as well as the likelihood our injury situation wont improve this season , what club is starting the season worst prepared than us? jos seems to be getting them fit but kids don't become men overnight and that's my worry . id take 16th place now if it was offered 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

The club will, but the football league won't. We could yet sell FF to balance books for all they know. How can they reprimand before we've even broken the rules? Shoot first, ask questions later..

I thought we had to supply the EFL with financial projections, plus if the projections indicated that we would be breaching FFP limits then we had to demonstrate how we intended to bring the the club back within FFP rules. As far as I'm aware the EFL can enforce an embargo based on the projections if they see fit.

Surely if we were close to or being under an embargo we only have to point to other clubs spending much more than us and getting away with it by gaining promotion with a slap on the wrist before punishment by saying we can't sign any one else. Let's be honest.  13 million isn't a lot in this day and age, unfortunately. 

47 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

FACT- Attendances are at their best since the early 90s when last in premier league. Despite prices. 

FACT- Record season ticket sales over 21,000 Despite price increases. 

FACT- Record shirt sales despite prices and no stripes. 

FACT- Commercial side of business was losing money as what was paid for the boxes did not cover the overall losses. These people were quite happy to milk the club and pay for cheap hospitality while entertaining their customers for their own private gain.

FACT- The chairman has invested millions of his own money trying to get us to the promised land and continues to fund our losses. 

FACT- We are close to FFP because of the money DC had spent Wisely or not is doen to opinion. Season ticket sales and all corporate and retail sales do not cover our wage bill. 

Actual facts 

You must be an insider if you know some of these are facts as opposed to PR.

Indeed crowds are good despite the prices. Doesn’t make the prices right for a dinosaur like me. And when one aspect of those high prices is expressly said to be to deter away fans from travelling I am entitled  to think that is a disgrace. The crowds are good because we’ve had relative success and potg prices have bounced people into buying season tickets. OPINION

If you believe last season’s shirt is a record breaker I’d love to know what that record is. Record sales for Ipswich shirts in the Owls Superstore perhaps. 

You comment on the corporate side is opinion - a pretty nasty one - dressed up as a fact. A comment on people’s motives about which you know very little. Maybe they were just Wednesday fans giving a bit extra who we’re then shafted by Chansiri. 

Yep Chansiri has spent money. Much of which the club owes him. 

I predicted that being close to FFP - he promised us we would be safe - would be dressed up as a triumph. Cheers for that. 

In fact cheers for the whole post. Highly enjoyable. I’m glad you care about what I think/post. I’m touched. I think it’s unimportant myself- just random ramblings on here that you don’t have to read. 

:stuwinky:

7 minutes ago, jellybean said:

We were definitely making a loss on corporate for last 10 years. 

And is that because - These people were quite happy to milk the club and pay for cheap hospitality while entertaining their customers for their own private gain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You must be an insider if you know some of these are facts as opposed to PR.

Indeed crowds are good despite the prices. Doesn’t make the prices right for a dinosaur like me. And when one aspect of those high prices is expressly said to be to deter away fans from travelling I am entitled  to think that is a disgrace. The crowds are good because we’ve had relative success and potg prices have bounced people into buying season tickets. OPINION

If you believe last season’s shirt is a record breaker I’d love to know what that record is. Record sales for Ipswich shirts in the Owls Superstore perhaps. 

You comment on the corporate side is opinion - a pretty nasty one - dressed up as a fact. A comment on people’s motives about which you know very little. Maybe they were just Wednesday fans giving a bit extra who we’re then shafted by Chansiri. 

Yep Chansiri has spent money. Much of which the club owes him. 

I predicted that being close to FFP - he promised us we would be safe - would be dressed up as a triumph. Cheers for that. 

In fact cheers for the whole post. Highly enjoyable. I’m glad you care about what I think/post. I’m touched. I think it’s unimportant myself- just random ramblings on here that you don’t have to read. 

:stuwinky:

Highlighted part, is a question for anybody who knows.

IF DC decided to walked away, would it have to be repaid, or would it just be written off.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And is that because - These people were quite happy to milk the club and pay for cheap hospitality while entertaining their customers for their own private gain.

They were given a price which was unsustainable, I doubt they would have been willing to pay a price which would have covered the costs, agree they didn't do it through malice though 

I’m relaxed about this summers window. We have to accept the hard reality that we gambled, lost and now need to return the club to a sustainable financial footing. We still have some excellent players, a lot of the young lads stepped up admirably during the injury crisis last season and deserve a chance, and we have a manager who is going to put this team through a proper pre season- unlike his predecessor. 

I don’t expect promotion next season, top half will do for me. The next two years are all about reshaping the squad. 

Edited by owls maniac