Embargo?

39 minutes ago, cowl said:

I'd have expected him to say we aren't under an embargo if we aren't though.

Otherwise it just fuels precisely this type of speculation.

Frig me, here we go again another conspiracy theory a bit like the players not playing because they were due bonuses and not injured! 

As as I said in a previous thread we are very close to FFP, biut have not broken it. There are 6 other clubs in this state the biggest of which is Villa. Mandaric will have to pay the taxman before he’s allowed to buy the club think Glasgow Rangers.

There will be more outgoings both because we need to trim the squad and the wage bill, but talk of an embargo is pure click bait from Radio Sheffield

1. Embargoes are not secret. They get announced by the EFL.

2. The reporting period is Dec to Dec. We passed the last reporting period and the next one is Dec 18.

We do not have an embargo. It is likely we will get one Dec 18 if we don't get our house in order this transfer window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

An hypothetical question. 

Let's say we've been put on a transfer embargo because we've breached FFP levels by £5m. If we sell players & the incoming transfer fees & reduction in the wage bill realises £5m is the embargo automatically lifted?

1 hour ago, cowl said:

I'd have expected him to say we aren't under an embargo if we aren't though.

Otherwise it just fuels precisely this type of speculation.

hes the manager not the owner, ceo or chairman why would it be his place to say owt about it?

some of yous need to chill out.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Here we go.  100 fuckingpages of bed wetting nonsense.  Fill yer boots.

That’s its intention, it’s no longer the case that fans from rival clubs wait for the season to start before actually starting sheet off. Give as good as you get and then some, that’s what I say 

50 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

History tells us one thing.

An impending embargo can be hidden, and dealt with - such as a quick influx of players to excite the fans.   We've been here before.   Think Clinton Morrison and co.

An actual embargo cannot be hidden and so no, I would suggest this is not this is the case.

Exactly

were very close to ffp, not past it, why would there be an embargo? We’ve already shed around 120-150k a week off the wage bill and brought in just under £3m with a bit more to come off Clare, people need to chill out, we’ve a HUGE squad and have quite a few players coming back from injuries, everything will be fine.

The Six clubs under an embargo should be named then or is this just a way of starting an unsubstantiated rumour so nobody has any means of dispelling the myth. Disappointing to see the manager put in this position by the the lack of fact gathering of the reporter but that doesn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Mate just texted me to say jos wouldn't deny it on an interview on radio Sheffield earlier. Is this correct?

Would explain us not bringing anyone in. 

What other texts has your mate sent you?

• The earth is flat.
  • The moon is made of cheese.
  • Trump is the greatest leader the world has ever seen.
  • He loves you man, he really does.

You need to:

a) Work on getting some decent mates.

b) Think before posting total hearsay on Owlstalk knowing full well that it's source is about as credible as the Blunts strike partnership.

Apart from that, yeah, great thread.

lol

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

2. The reporting period is Dec to Dec. We passed the last reporting period and the next one is Dec 18.

We do not have an embargo. It is likely we will get one Dec 18 if we don't get our house in order this transfer window.

End of thread mods???

6 minutes ago, Key said:

What other texts has your mate sent you?

• The earth is flat.
  • The moon is made of cheese.
  • Trump is the greatest leader the world has ever seen.
  • He loves you man, he really does.

You need to:

a) Work on getting some decent mates.

b) Think before posting total hearsay on Owlstalk knowing full well that it's source is about as credible as the Blunts strike partnership.

Apart from that, yeah, great thread.

lol

Think I've got a similar mate, look what he sent me.

ad_194387053.jpg

cow-gif.gif

tenor.gif

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Who do you think you are with your facts!?

Information like this does absolutely nothing for rampant speculation and widespread bed wetting!

lol