Fantastic from Tango

Just now, londonowl said:

Maybe the wrong thread because this is not about Tango, I don't know his situation.

There seem to be a lot of people out there, Wednesday fans and other, who absolutely must be at a football match regardless of cost, responsibilities or impact upon anyone else in their lives.

I find that weird.

They might find it weird that you find it weird.  Each to their own

3 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Maybe the wrong thread because this is not about Tango, I don't know his situation.

There seem to be a lot of people out there, Wednesday fans and other, who absolutely must be at a football match regardless of cost, responsibilities or impact upon anyone else in their lives.

I find that weird.

Only same with golf n fishing in fairness mate. We all need our little escape.

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

They might find it weird that you find it weird.  Each to their own

I don't disagree with the each to their own, I guess I am thinking of people I know whose kids can't play little league because it interferes with away games or those who won't pay for school skiing trip but wouldn't think twice about a couple of hundred quid on an away games.

2 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I don't disagree with the each to their own, I guess I am thinking of people I know whose kids can't play little league because it interferes with away games or those who won't pay for school skiing trip but wouldn't think twice about a couple of hundred quid on an away games.

I know what you mean but different people have different priorities 

Not really. You play golf or go fishing when it is convenient. You go to watch the football when it's on.

Think my mates would disagree with that. They're forever spending weekends away on golf or fishing tournaments. 

3 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Exactly, that's why he's got the Lexus. Chucks the car keys in and all the women go for the Lexus keys don't they. My 2006 VW Polo keys always get left until last, I always finish up with Fat Debbie from Sholing.

I didn't think the Lottery had been going for 30 years like @OWLSTALK states, at a rough guess I'd have put it around 1994, maybe 19th November, might be wrong though. 

Nowt wrong with big Deb 

She does a great cooked breakfast :stuwinky:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Welcome to come and visit anytime mate

Andy xx

Aww thanks Andy,we'll get OG down for a visit as well.:Chansiri:

In mourning for Croatia now, got them in the sweep at work, winner gets £350 but i'll still get £100 so not bad eh.

Edited by Eastleigh Owl
WCF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Watson said:

I know what you mean but different people have different priorities 

Yes, and so they should. However, if you have children and they are not your priority, I think that makes you many things. An UberFan is not one of them.

I'm not having a dig here, there are many many people who have the time, money and desire to follow football teams to the ends of the earth. I just can't work out how that is even possible for those that do have jobs and families.

3 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Yes, and so they should. However, if you have children and they are not your priority, I think that makes you many things. An UberFan is not one of them.

I'm not having a dig here, there are many many people who have the time, money and desire to follow football teams to the ends of the earth. I just can't work out how that is even possible for those that do have jobs and families.

For what it's worth, Tango takes his daughter to most games he can, including England games, and more importantly Wednesday games. 

So it's a bit of a mute point you are making about him. 

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

The kids are the priority but if the parents feel that a kid has a better life experience by following Wednesday to away games with his family than taking a Ski trip with the school who is to say they are wrong?

1 minute ago, jambler said:

For what it's worth, Tango takes his daughter to most games he can, including England games, and more importantly Wednesday games. 

So it's a bit of a mute point you are making about him. 

If you had quoted my previous post, it started with 'I'm not commenting on Tango because I don't know his situation"

If you had quoted my previous post, it started with 'I'm not commenting on Tango because I don't know his situation"

I've just explained to you though. You commented on a thread about Tango, so it obviously initiated your thoughts. 

Not having a dig btw, just telling you what Tango does. 

I would love to afford to do what he does, and good on him. 

1 minute ago, Watson said:

The kids are the priority but if the parents feel that a kid has a better life experience by following Wednesday to away games with his family than taking a Ski trip with the school who is to say they are wrong?

I wasn't talking about people who take their kids with them was I. 

I get that you don't agree with me but I stand by my own opinion that many of these "UberFans" of all clubs follow the football to the detriment of others around them.

1 minute ago, jambler said:

I've just explained to you though. You commented on a thread about Tango, so it obviously initiated your thoughts. 

Not having a dig btw, just telling you what Tango does. 

I would love to afford to do what he does, and good on him. 

Maybe so...but my post actually started with "this is probably the wrong thread but"

My thinking actually came from UberFan discussion that was going on, genuinely nothing at all to with Tango.

I wasn't talking about people who take their kids with them was I. 

I get that you don't agree with me but I stand by my own opinion that many of these "UberFans" of all clubs follow the football to the detriment of others around them.

I do sort of agree with you, I just don't think it's such a big issue as you seem to claim it is.