Fantastic from Tango

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's like a village where Susan and Jim win the lottery and decide to move away to a bigger house in a big city

The villagers aren't happy about that and spend the next thirty years jealously moaning about it in the village post office to Edna the village post office owner, whilst their own lives don't progress beyond that. They just rot away in the small village moaning about those who have taken their opportunities.

People try to pull other people down to their own levels instead of aiming to succeed themselves

Sheffield mentality this - small village moaning

No such thing as a village post office anymore ..

All closed down ..a great deal  of people lost their livelihoods as a result of the "knock on" effect....

6iyoR7RAT.jpg.3af1c90245c69ff90997a501970a93f5.jpg.4b3fe1bdaef8843c6a2f2e0d9dbe87a9.jpg

• Haha 3

On 14/07/2018 at 08:24, Albertowl said:

He used to run his own business supplying spares to engineering businesses around the Black Country, but last I heard he was working at New Cross Hospital and I don’t think he was employed as a Consultant Surgeon. That might have all changed of course, but doubt he’s minted in any way.

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair I highly doubt that Tango can diagnose your spinal issues from a distance if you were seated

Don't be so sure Neil ..

Tango may possess more skills than you give him credit for ?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Oh yeah Sue and Jim

Swingers aren't they? :stuwinky:

Exactly, that's why he's got the Lexus. Chucks the car keys in and all the women go for the Lexus keys don't they. My 2006 VW Polo keys always get left until last, I always finish up with Fat Debbie from Sholing.

I didn't think the Lottery had been going for 30 years like @OWLSTALK states, at a rough guess I'd have put it around 1994, maybe 19th November, might be wrong though. 

• Haha 4

On 14/07/2018 at 08:24, Albertowl said:

He used to run his own business supplying spares to engineering businesses around the Black Country, but last I heard he was working at New Cross Hospital and I don’t think he was employed as a Consultant Surgeon. That might have all changed of course, but doubt he’s minted in any way.

Can imagine being in the operating theatre and Tango walk in stripped to the waist scalpel at the ready. That'd ensure a quick recovery.WTF:

• Haha 4

Sheffielders just sit in their houses grumbling and whinging and slating anyone who gets out there doing stuff they wish they could do

Sheffield mentality this - small village moaning

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield is poisoned by small time mentality moaners

So are you describing yourself here? Or are you special and it applies to everyone from Sheffield apart from you?

Just pointing out the utter ridiculousness of your sweeping generalisations.

Conversely to this people are expressing their opinions of the specific behaviours of an individual in this thread....an individual who quite obviously habitually courts attention through his behaviour.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So does any TV presenter, successful musician, actor etc etc

But to be fair different people have differing opinions on these as well.

I've no beef with Tango if he's happy doing what he does fair enough by me, but if he offends some people that's their opinion and also fair enough.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

But to be fair different people have differing opinions on these as well.

I've no beef with Tango if he's happy doing what he does fair enough by me, but if he offends some people that's their opinion and also fair enough.

I'd agree with you on all that

Owlstalk Shop

Poor old Tango, he's not my cup of tea but there again he does me no harm.Why would anyone get so het up about him?

Fair play to the bloke though, he certainly puts the time and money in, maybe that's why people don't like him, he out performs most as a supporter, is that it?

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So does any TV presenter, successful musician, actor etc etc

But of course you don't approve of any of those either eh?

Where was a giving my approval or disapproval of anyone? Very childish response.

If it helps you to comprehend the point I was making about your posts then go back and read them again, this time substituting "Sheffielders" with "Black people" and "Sheffield" with "Islam"....and then ask yourself if your comments are ok.

*post to be deleted by @owlstalk in 3, 2, 1....

Edited by Owl At Risk
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

Where was a giving my approval or disapproval of anyone? Very childish response.

If it helps you to comprehend the point I was making about your posts then go back and read them again, this time substituting "Sheffielders" with "Black people" and "Sheffield" with "Islam"....and then ask yourself if your comments are ok.

*post to be deleted by @owlstalk in 3, 2, 1....

Holy mother of god

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Even if he is an attention seeker , so what ? He’s harmless. Fair play to him, in the days of 60 quid replica shirts,  40 quid admission prices and players like fletcher earning 35k a week , I’ve pretty much lost the passion for Wednesday and football that I once had . Love him or loath him, his commitment is admirable . 

I go every week...but you wouldn’t know this because I’m not a fat, bald headed bloke craving attention. Is my commitment admirable? 

10 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I go every week...but you wouldn’t know this because I’m not a fat, bald headed bloke craving attention. Is my commitment admirable? 

Is there now a rule where everyone has to be exactly the same as you in order to avoid your criticism?

Owlstalk Shop