Fantastic from Tango

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's time Sheffielders grew up a bit and understood that sometimes people DO put themselves out there, are larger than life and get attention.

It's not a bad thing

Sheffielders just sit in their houses grumbling and whinging and slating anyone who gets out there doing stuff they wish they could do

It's like a disease of small town mentality

People talk about jealousy...I can 100% tell you that there is no jealousy of an over weight 23 stone, bald bloke who as to travel 70 miles to get some love!! 

He he puts himself in the limelight n loves the positive attention...on the other hand he hates been shot at and the negative attention. If you want one of those you have to accept the other not whinge and moan like a baby!!

Friday night was just another of his attention seeking publicity stunt...I know of quite a few Wednesday fans who went to Russia and I saw them Friday night at the match but I didn’t see them pulling a shitty old suitcase through the awayend singing England songs. Why didn’t he put his bag on a bus until the end of the game???? I will tell you why...cos he wanted folk to give him the attention. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

People talk about jealousy...I can 100% tell you that there is no jealousy of an over weight 23 stone, bald bloke who as to travel 70 miles to get some love!! 

He he puts himself in the limelight n loves the positive attention...on the other hand he hates been shot at and the negative attention. If you want one of those you have to accept the other not whinge and moan like a baby!!

Friday night was just another of his attention seeking publicity stunt...I know of quite a few Wednesday fans who went to Russia and I saw them Friday night at the match but I didn’t see them pulling a shitty old suitcase through the awayend singing England songs. Why didn’t he put his bag on a bus until the end of the game???? I will tell you why...cos he wanted folk to give him the attention. 

How do you know this?  Are you a mind reader?  Has he told you personally all of this?  Do you think the best way to get attention is to pull a suitcase behind you?

He should get a job with a publicity company. 

Why should he accept the negative attention? Who made that rule up?

22 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Again I'd say 'so what'

lol

It's not a bad thing to have high profile fans of our club or our city spreading the word really

Why does everyone wake up on a Sunday morning so desperate to just have a dig at other people instead of saying 'well done that man'

Owlstalk Shop

Even if he is an attention seeker , so what ? He’s harmless. Fair play to him, in the days of 60 quid replica shirts,  40 quid admission prices and players like fletcher earning 35k a week , I’ve pretty much lost the passion for Wednesday and football that I once had . Love him or loath him, his commitment is admirable . 

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I just don’t get all of the fawning. He’s self serving. 

Yeah  - all that self serving paying thousands of pounds to attend every game home and away for SWFC and then doing the same for England

Let's be the bigger person and applaud him, instead of the woman in the village shop going 'hey Margaret that woman down the road has let her front gate get all rusty again"

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah  - all that self serving paying thousands of pounds to attend every game home and away for SWFC and then doing the same for England

Let's be the bigger person and applaud him, instead of the woman in the village shop going 'hey Margaret that woman down the road has let her front gate get all rusty again"

I genuinely like most people. I can’t like everyone - sorry Neil. 

By the way, women don’t tend to have rusty front gates when I’m around  ;-)

• Haha 5

Some of you Sheffielders need to hang your heads in shame. 

Tango is an outstanding individual and has forged a brilliant career for himself over the last 25 years or so and he’s now recognised as one of football’s elite fans.

To all those negative, dour Sheffielders - Get your heads out of your backside and support one of Football’s greatest entertainers and fans. He’s been a shining example to all of us over the last 25 years.

Well done Tango and keep up the marvellous work!

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, Watson said:

Can you define success?  I think we need to understand where you are coming from?  :rolleyes:

Mmm interesting. Do birds without beaks succeed ? Discuss.

He’s a better fan than nearly everyone on here, he loves the club and goes to every game no matter how carp we are. 

Yet there’s always a few who want to bring him down,  from behind the safety of their keyboards I might add.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's like a village where Susan and Jim win the lottery and decide to move away to a bigger house in a big city

The villagers aren't happy about that and spend the next thirty years jealously moaning about it in the village post office to Edna the village post office owner, whilst their own lives don't progress beyond that. They just rot away in the small village moaning about those who have taken their opportunities.

People try to pull other people down to their own levels instead of aiming to succeed themselves

Sheffield mentality this - small village moaning

I think I know them, they live in Warsash now, he drives a top of the range Lexus. Must admit i've been tempted to let his tyres down. She drives an Evoque, absolutely minted.lol

• Haha 4