Fantastic from Tango

13 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Some unfortunately spend more time around him than others do. 

That is true,he's not everyone's cup of tea, i myself chose to do other stuff, the whole Hillsborough "experience" bores me.

Maybe i shall get the urge back to attend some day soon, but then again maybe not.

2 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

He's not though is he? He supported Wolves for more than half his life and switched to us.

Can't trust a man who switches teams

Thats what richards thought when he got rid of big ron for danny wilson which led to rapid relegation and 18 years and counting of 2nd/3rd tier stuff!

Dont know him so dont need to trust him and loyalty in footy is finished anyway, but for a generally non glory club, our footy was that good for a brief period in early 90s that i couldnt blame anyone for following us from around that time. :goalie:

Despite alot of poo since hes still a wednesdayite, if he starts following man city etc i dont care but like us he wont, we're wednesdayites not 'wanderers' :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

You being funny or has he upset you, Your not the other Tango are you?

Omg that fake tango tho. How the heck does he have the cheek to impersonate him right in front of him at Hillsborough.

• Haha 2

It's time Sheffielders grew up a bit and understood that sometimes people DO put themselves out there, are larger than life and get attention.

It's not a bad thing

Sheffielders just sit in their houses grumbling and whinging and slating anyone who gets out there doing stuff they wish they could do

It's like a disease of small town mentality

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I don't know the bloke but have met him, and loads of other Wednesday fans I don't know at away matches. He's polite, pleasant and isn't an attention seeker at all. He shouts and sings, sometimes onhis own! at matches, mostly to encourage others to sing for the team. I don't understand the negative comments from some fans. As far as I know he doesn't come on here, or twitter, or anything claiming to be a "celebrity " fan. The game needs characters. He goes to more games than most of us, and coming back from the World Cup to Lincoln City for a friendly is great support, which he didn't brag about.  I take my hat off to him, and anyone else who supports Wednesday in the same way. 

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with this, IMO this is the best post on this thread

20 minutes ago, mkowl said:

We hate it when our friends get successful 

It's like a village where Susan and Jim win the lottery and decide to move away to a bigger house in a big city

The villagers aren't happy about that and spend the next thirty years jealously moaning about it in the village post office to Edna the village post office owner, whilst their own lives don't progress beyond that. They just rot away in the small village moaning about those who have taken their opportunities.

People try to pull other people down to their own levels instead of aiming to succeed themselves

Sheffield mentality this - small village moaning

Owlstalk Shop

19 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

What an attention seeker.

Can he not go back and support Wolves like he did for years.

We've got that many supporters we can drive then away?

Many, many people supported different teams in earlier days than they do know. Is that a crime, or worthy of your criticism?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It's like a village where Susan and Jim win the lottery and decide to move away to a bigger house in a big city

The villagers aren't happy about that and spend the next thirty years jealously moaning about it in the village post office to Edna the village post office owner, whilst their own lives don't progress beyond that. They just rot away in the small village moaning about those who have taken their opportunities.

People try to pull other people down to their own levels instead of aiming to succeed themselves

If winning the Lottery constitutes as succeeding in life then it goes to show you how far society has sunk.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think Edna is a very good choice for the name of a village post owner, could I suggest Penny or Daphne?

The story would come across so much better.  By the way, Susan and Jim found it very difficult living in the city the rich and powerful sneered at them for being upstarts and laughed at their attempts to fit in.  

It got so bad that Jim and Susan finally split up and divorced soon after.  Jim drank himself into an early grave but Susan found happiness in the arms of Edna's niece and they lived quite happily for many years. 

Edited by Watson
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

I don't think Edna is a very good choice for the name of a village post owner, could I suggest Penny or Daphne?

The story would come across so much better.  By the way, Susan and Jim found it very difficult living in the city the rich and powerful sneered at them for being upstarts and laughed at their attempts to fit in.  

It got so bad that Jim and Susan finally split up and divorced soon after.  Jim drank himself into an early grave but Susan found happiness in the arms of Edna's niece and they lived quite happily for many years. 

Once upon a time there were 3 

oh sorry thought it was a fairy tale competition :ghoulguy:

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Bukta said:

If winning the Lottery constitutes as succeeding in life then it goes to show you how far society has sunk.

It was clearly just an off the top of my head example

Feel free to replace it with any kind of success you wish - the point remains the same and is correct

Sheffield is poisoned by small time mentality moaners

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It was clearly just an off the top of my head example

Feel free to replace it with any kind of success you wish - the point remains the same and is correct

Sheffield is poisoned by small time mentality moaners

Can you define success?  I think we need to understand where you are coming from?  :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No

Your analogy is starting to crumble.

I'm bored, at present I'm on my yacht in the South of France waiting for the beautiful successful people to turn up so we can party, but I keep reaching out for OT.  

Wish I was back in Sheffield.

Edited by Watson