Sean Clare

Sorry to go over old topics, but what’s going on with this lad? I presume his contract expired at the end of June, so why has there been no news? I’m fully aware I may have missed something so apologies if that’s the case!

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

pretty sure he is still employed by the club till we or he says otherwise 

While he is recovering from his injury the club still have a responsibility for his treatment even though he is out of contract.

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

While he is recovering from his injury the club still have a responsibility for his treatment even though he is out of contract.

I think even not being injured, players don't become free agents till we or them decide they want to be. while contract offer on the table and no decision made he still our player.

Believe we are currently paying him on a a month by month (or week by week) basis on his previous wage, as we are still wanting to keep him here. He is still available on a  free transfer to any side however.

Preempting the replies, we aren't still paying Wallace or Loovens no because we have released them as we don't want them to stay.

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Apparently having talks with Hearts according to one report. To be sure his heart's not with us.

Rumours of him wanting a club nearer London are obviously wide of the mark. Either that or Clare's geography is pi$$ poor.

• Haha 1