Ricky Moate Update

5 hours ago, Rixtermoate said:

Hi all, sorry it's been a long while since I've posted, as you have all heard I had my transplant on 18th June. 

1st of all I would like to thank each & every one of you guys for helping us raise our target for our gofundme appeal, it allowed us to be able to have my wife by my side throughout the whole ordeal, something that wouldn't have been possible without your help & generosity. 

Secondly I'd like to thank @Spencerowl for keeping everyone on here updated, it's very much appreciated. 

Now for the update, the transplant went as well as could be expected, I made a very fast recovery considering the massive amount of surgery I had to undergo. The surgeons told me that during the operation they found the narrowing on my bowel (which we already knew about), the surprise was that whilst they was preparing my own intestine for removal (isolating blood supply & beadles etc) the narrowing was where my small bowel joined my large bowel, it had actually closed my vowel completely off & my bowel was necrosed (black &dying).. the surgeon then told me that if I hadn't got the call & the donor when I did I had 1-2 weeks left to live before my bowel would have killed me.  & I didn't even know! A scary prospect had I known beforehand. Anyway, I'm here, I made it through safely, I'm back on my feet & most importantly.... After 18bdays post transplant... IM HOME! I've broken every record for the fasted recovery form major transplant surgery & have the healthiest blood results ever seen post transplant. My be bowel is working properly, I'm slowly introducing food & getting nutrition from it. I'm still on the intravenous feed but reducing with a plan to eventually stop it.. the issue I have at the moment is that my abdominal wall transplant wound is coming open. The plastic surgeons are keeping an eye on it. I am back at Oxford tomorrow 12/7/18 to see the surgeons in clinic & also to see the plastic surgeon who will review me & act as they see fit where my woundnis concerned. 

This is a very long journey & extremely difficult process, with many many more hospital visits. But having this operation is the 1 & only thing that could save my life. & That I will never ever forget. 

I'd also like to say a huge thank you to the donor & their family, cos without their generosity at such a difficult time, I certainly would have been dead. 

I will forever be indebted to them & will do everything in my power to make sure their gift does not go to waste.. by making the most of every opportunity to make the most of life.. .

Finally I would like to say please? If you can? Sign up to the organ donor register, if you can't, or don't feel it's for you, then please? Have the difficult discussion with your loved ones & tell them your wishes should something happen to you? #shareyourwishes it's just as important. As without talking, if something was to happen to you, the difficult questions are then asked of your loved ones at a very grief stricken time & they may decide something that you yourself didn't or don't want.. so please again? Share your wishes? 

Thank you all, lots & lots of love & huge amounts of gratitude to you all. Your msg's of support mean the world to us X 

Yours sincerely

Ricky & Lisa Moate 

IMG_20180702_200546_979.jpg

IMG_20180709_183521.jpg

IMG_20180709_184102.jpg

TLDR

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, General_Grievous said:

TLDR

I was going to delete this.

But thought I’d leave it up - let all members see your delightful personality.

This is a community. We should support each other, not act like dicks to get a cheap laugh.

• Thanks 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

29 minutes ago, Neal M said:

I was going to delete this.

But thought I’d leave it up - let all members see your delightful personality.

This is a community. We should support each other, not act like dicks to get a cheap laugh.

i'm a bit old for these things what does it mean 

Please don’t post personal contact details (phone numbers, email addresses etc in public threads).

You can use the PM function to give those details to other members.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

On 12/07/2018 at 08:05, theowlsman said:

This is the best news ever.

Absolutely delighted for you mate.

Really, really, chuffed for you.

Delighted too.

Trevi, have tried the mobile number and sent a text. Hopefully we can connect. Will PM you once we have spoken. Thanks.