That survey

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's see how things pan out and who comes into the club before worrying that it's another Brexit type situation where people voted without knowing what they were actually voting for

but high prices means high prices!

Strong and stable club!

20 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

So is that not heavily implied? Are we really down to semantics here?

Again, I think the player purchases will come, but if they don't I'll feel pretty hard done by if it is clever wording that has fooled us.

Yes, if the club is to be criticised for something someone believed they promised to deliver...

21 hours ago, slinger208b said:

"Something along the lines of" doesn't cut it. It's advisable to quote the reference if you intend to call the club out on this...

Owls survey.png

Right, so keep prices high and build on the investment.

Prices are still high, which is fair enough as fans voted for it. However, we also voted to build on the investment. Are we going to do that this summer? I would be very surprised if anyone comes in. Plus we've promoted a number of youth players to the first team (not saying thats a bad thing).

So I'm right. The survey result is not being followed in the way fans voted. Personally, I'm not bothered if we sign anyone or not because I still don't trust those in charge to spend it wisely. However, I don't agree with the lack of transparency from the club and passive aggressive surveys.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

If Mr Chansiri had all of Casbah Owls family put to death in the centre circle for half time entertainment - I'm convinced Casbah would point out that it was good entertainment.... lol

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Right, so keep prices high and build on the investment.

Prices are still high, which is fair enough as fans voted for it. However, we also voted to build on the investment. Are we going to do that this summer? I would be very surprised if anyone comes in. Plus we've promoted a number of youth players to the first team (not saying thats a bad thing).

So I'm right. The survey result is not being followed in the way fans voted. Personally, I'm not bothered if we sign anyone or not because I still don't trust those in charge to spend it wisely. However, I don't agree with the lack of transparency from the club and passive aggressive surveys.

Building on the investment doesn't necessarily mean more investing, was my point.

So no, you're not right...

On 10/07/2018 at 19:26, SallyCinnamon said:

So, it looks very highly unlikely we'll be spending any money this transfer window. We are on the brink of FFP and have sold our best right back and most expensive player in an attempt to balance the books. Winnall looks likely to be next out. 

For me, that's all good business. Hopefully they won't come back to haunt us (although you just know Rhodes will turn into a goal scoring machine again at Norwich, you just know).

My gripe is the survey which was distributed to fans earlier this year which asked the question which went something along the lines of-

'Do you want ticket prices to stay high to keep us investing heavily into the playing squad in order to reach the Premier League'

The majority voted in favour of that question. 

That seems to be a straight lie from the club. I don't mean to be negative when we really need to get behind the players, but for me that question was out of order at the time. And it's even worse now because the promise has not been kept. 

It seems to me it was a veiled intimidation tactic to keep prices high when the intention was to never invest in the squad. Because the club knew that we are in a financially tricky way. 

The club has done a lot of good since sacking Carlos, but this shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet. After all, Chansiri calls us a family and that was a complete breach of honesty and trust in my opinion.

Mate,

I don't believe the outcome of that survey for one second.

I really don't think our fanbase would like to keep paying through the nose for tickets in order to bring "marquee" signings in every season.

More likely that it backfired and the majority of fans wanted the prices cutting and us focus on bringing young, hungry players through the academy.

13 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

If Mr Chansiri had all of Casbah Owls family put to death in the centre circle for half time entertainment - I'm convinced Casbah would point out that it was good entertainment.... lol

And value for money !

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's see how things pan out and who comes into the club before worrying that it's another Brexit type situation where people voted without knowing what they were actually voting for

Why are you bringing politics into a football forum Neil?

Anyway, since you have........

70.4 million people voted for Brexit.

Every single one of them knew exactly what they were voting for!

My assertions may or may not be every bit as ridiculous as yours, the reality is neither belong on a Wednesday football forum!

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 23:35, Willow Owl said:

DC bashers out tonite.. The season has not even started yet the knives are out. Everybody seems to be (i would do better chairmen). No matter what you think about him, remember he has invested millions of his own money (not yours). He gambled and it didnt pay off, I for one thank him for giving it a go. If we have to tighten our belts for a season or two then so be it. Its not the end of the world. 

Remember he is subsidising our losses from his own pocket and not borrowing the money as Dave Richards did and putting the club in deep c..p. 

Your entitled to your opinions but where would we be if he decided to go because of all the gatbage fans throw at him. 

do we know for sure that he isn't borrowing the money ?...…...as for "were would we be" no one knows for certain but he's highly unlikely just walk away and you'd presume that he would sell us on,maybe even to someone who as a bit more nous on how to run a football club ……...i'm not criticising the bloke coz he as to run it how he see's fit but to be in the situation we are now with "star" players coming to the end of there contracts and the strong possibility that we cant offer them better terms when they  do end doesn't bode well . .

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Why are you bringing politics into a football forum Neil?

Anyway, since you have........

70.4 million people voted for Brexit.

Every single one of them knew exactly what they were voting for!

My assertions may or may not be every bit as ridiculous as yours, the reality is neither belong on a Wednesday football forum!

Sure about that?  lol

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

do we know for sure that he isn't borrowing the money ?...…...as for "were would we be" no one knows for certain but he's highly unlikely just walk away and you'd presume that he would sell us on,maybe even to someone who as a bit more nous on how to run a football club ……...i'm not criticising the bloke coz he as to run it how he see's fit but to be in the situation we are now with "star" players coming to the end of there contracts and the strong possibility that we cant offer them better terms when they  do end doesn't bode well . .

Are you Alastair Campbell?

The survey seems like another one of those ideas from the club, which in their minds sounds like a good idea (let the fans vote), but in the end it just came across as blackmailing people.

Needless to say, it's a very good way of backing yourself into a corner.

I suspect we will hang onto the likes of Nando, Bannan etc...but if one of them goes then the club are going to get absolutely hammered.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I suspect we will hang onto the likes of Nando, Bannan etc...but if one of them goes then the club are going to get absolutely hammered.

I doubt that's true

These days the chairman can do literally anything he chooses because he has the support of a militant group of uberfans who will batter down anyone who questions the price of tickets, shirts, when the shirts will be on sale, why we're selling our players, why we're not buying anyone etc etc

He's in a no lose situation now.

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Brexiter as usual not knowing the real figures or facts

lol

Love to know your take on figures and facts around Brexit. Never seen any item reflect true cost of being a member.