That survey

35 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s a shame DC and his advisors weren’t a little bit more sensible over the past couple of years so we wouldn’t have found ourself in this position where we have bugger all funds. 

Very true.

He gambled.

Didn't win. Close... but not quite.

But he wasn't the first to try and we won't be the last.

The difference is that we seemingly don't need to sell our top assets - which would usually be the case.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, davey_wells said:

Very true.

He gambled.

The difference is that we seemingly don't need to sell our top assets - which would usually be the case.

Not so sure about that

7 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Very true.

He gambled.

I reckon a top asset will be gone b4 the start of the season

As it stands I still think that squad needs strengthening in certain areas, whilst we should still get rid( if possible ) the likes of Fox, Jones, Palmer, Abdi etc.If we don't,I don't think we'll be strong enough to challenge the top 6 

Guest Willow Owl

DC bashers out tonite.. The season has not even started yet the knives are out. Everybody seems to be (i would do better chairmen). No matter what you think about him, remember he has invested millions of his own money (not yours). He gambled and it didnt pay off, I for one thank him for giving it a go. If we have to tighten our belts for a season or two then so be it. Its not the end of the world. 

Remember he is subsidising our losses from his own pocket and not borrowing the money as Dave Richards did and putting the club in deep c..p. 

Your entitled to your opinions but where would we be if he decided to go because of all the gatbage fans throw at him. 

You should never respond to surveys, you should have worked that out years ago. It was there to tell you to put up or shut up, in response due largely in part to activity on this and similar websites. Moreover, websites than can be accessed by anyone claiming to be people they aren't and spreading discontentment, which spreads like wildfire, especially when things aren't going great. The club is partly to blame for listening to fans and the fans are partly to blame for the club's reaction.

8 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Remember he is subsidising our losses from his own pocket and not borrowing the money as Dave Richards did and putting the club in deep c..p. 

But he is putting the club in debt to himself. At the moment he isn’t donating the money.

If he’d said not buying players but keeping the same squad instead of continuing to invest when we did the survey he may have got a different answer. 

Of course with Rhodes and maybe others going we may be about to flash the cash. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

So in short, the survey was yet another mistake

In the opinion of some posters maybe. But are you certain that the club, and Chansiri in particular think the same?

I agree that many of the questions were badly set out and difficult to answer, but think of the context at the time. There was meltdown on here and it was worse on Twitter, with Chansiri and his family getting personal abuse, and some demanding season ticket refunds.

Just a thought, because I'm not in the know, but perhaps Chansiri thinks the survey helped, in part, to cool the situation (I appreciate that sacking Carlos was the biggest part of appeasing abusive fans). Perhaps, despite the vagaries of the questions, the overall message in the results were, to him, a clear support for the chairman. Hence not a mistake, but possibly a success.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree that many of the questions were badly set out and difficult to answer, but think of the context at the time.

I can't think of a single context where putting out a survey that's badly set out and difficult to answer

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, jordyowl said:

I'm sure the survey basically asked. Do you want to keep paying loads and keep the level of investment OR lower prices and rely on youth. Yet we seem to be getting a mixture of both.

Let's see how things pan out and who comes into the club before worrying that it's another Brexit type situation where people voted without knowing what they were actually voting for

Owlstalk Shop