That survey

We should wait until the end of the window to see which option the club has chosen It looks as if it’s option one, ticket prices are still high, and we really haven’t sold any of our better players 

Yes we haven’t seen any investment yet, and the threat to include academy players, is still just a threat 

Let’s see where we are in a couple of weeks time

Never the intention to invest?? We have invested heavily, its just been in all the wrong places. Carlos and his goons spending our entire budget on Rhodes and the wages of some injury prone has beens, when really what the squad needed was pace and hunger (which would have been a damn sight cheaper and probably wouldn't have left us in this mess).

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Not sold one single key player 

Like I said you could argue...I could argue that Hunt was a key player as he was the one Jos had as his first choice wingback and none of the other options are up to it. Jos may think that he can do better with the money, we may have better already, Jos may have had no choice in the matter. Time will tell.

28 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

The point isn't valid as there is no promise of investing heavily, the words were chosen very carefully.

"Build on current level of investments" doesn't mean the building will be investment based...

So is that not heavily implied? Are we really down to semantics here?

Again, I think the player purchases will come, but if they don't I'll feel pretty hard done by if it is clever wording that has fooled us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

So is that not heavily implied? Are we really down to semantics here?

Again, I think the player purchases will come, but if they don't I'll feel pretty hard done by if it is clever wording that has fooled us.

When it comes to money everything is semantics

It fooled some maybe 

This is why I have been convinced that we wouldn't be spending big this close season.  If we are there or thereabouts in January then expect the purse to be opened.

Still, think we need some signings especially now that Hunt has left. 

I wonder if Jos feels a little mislead? I’m still optimistic that we will bring players in, but maybe Jos has heard otherwise? His very public statement that 8 academy players were training with the first team 

Of course, that can be a good thing, and in my opinion, it is, but including young academy players, was very much the cheaper ticket option As I said, we’ll have to wait and see what happens between now and the season’s start

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Have you ever thought we’re selling players that aren’t part of Jos’s plans?

Do you want the club to keep these players anyway just because people have paid an extra few quid for a season ticket? 

He's not arguing about players departing he's saying there's needs to be investment aswell , this is the first time in years we have had money coming in , who's fault is it we have such a bloated squad? 

We should never have got into this position just adding to an already big squad, crazy , bringing KM in to deal with the financial side of things was way too late and someone should have been in place a long time ago 

2 minutes ago, Watto said:

He's not arguing about players departing he's saying there's needs to be investment aswell , this is the first time in years we have had money coming in , who's fault is it we have such a bloated squad? 

We should never have got into this position just adding to an already big squad, crazy , bringing KM in to deal with the financial side of things was way too late and someone should have been in place a long time ago 

So his only gripe is that we haven’t signed anyone yet? Even though the transfer window is still open? Ok. 

The survey was ill conceived, poorly constructed and added no value to either fans or the Club.

However, the OP does have a point. Prices should be reduced this season in line with the reduced level of investment (to date), but they haven't.

DC and his team have misled us all through ignorance rather than intention. Another shambles in what should have been a celebratory anniversary year.

All we can hope is that this is not the start of a period of entropy but rather consolidation.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

The survey was ill conceived, poorly constructed and added no value to either fans or the Club.

However, the OP does have a point. Prices should be reduced this season in line with the reduced level of investment (to date), but they haven't.

DC and his team have misled us all through ignorance rather than intention. Another shambles in what should have been a celebratory anniversary year.

All we can hope is that this is not the start of a period of entropy but rather consolidation.

Have to agree silly idea survey ,The owner has the club ,Let him run it.

In reality, our squad is so bloated and expensive its scary - we've spent such an immense amount of money over the past 3 seasons - and I think so many fans have been spoilt to the point of being blind to the actual investment put in.

In all seriousness a team in our position shouldn't be in a position to afford to keep the likes of FF, Westwood, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Hooper and Fletcher after 3 seasons of non-success without selling anyone.  We're only just seeing movement out with Hunt and Rhodes.

In keeping these players (along with the likes of Nuhiu, Joao, Reach and Wildsmith) we give ourselves still a he'll of a chance to compete at the very top.

Edited by davey_wells

Guest Theboylangers

Not convinced about Chansiri and even less about the ridiculous survey; loaded question if I ever saw one. 

I still think we will buy/loan a couple of players but they won't be anyone we've ever heard of.

However, I still believe that we can be competitive in this league if our best 16 are injury free for most of the season. 

DC I think is naiive and proud and not likely to admit mistakes or the fact he was misled by doyen.

There's no getting away from the fact that our recruitment lacked focus in terms of looking at areas that needed strengthening. we also should have mixed it up and bought some younger lower league players.

DC has no one but himself to blame.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder if Jos feels a little mislead? I’m still optimistic that we will bring players in, but maybe Jos has heard otherwise? His very public statement that 8 academy players were training with the first team 

Of course, that can be a good thing, and in my opinion, it is, but including young academy players, was very much the cheaper ticket option As I said, we’ll have to wait and see what happens between now and the season’s start

:luhukay: won’t deal mislead..he’s big buddy’s with :CEO: ..he wud av known the exact state of everything about the club b4 he took the gig..and by the way that survey was a pile er pap..more fool anybody who actually replied :picnic:

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

I would imagine that keeping Lees, FF, Bannan, Westwood etc is still classed as investing heavily

I think this is how it was skewed. 

Stupid question, but I assumed it was a way of asking the fans "do you want to keep the family silver"? 

Rhodes might be a top earner, but he's way down the pecking order. 

Hunt was on decent money, but a right back in the last year of his contract, is a saleable asset, FFP or not. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I think the Chairman's ego drove the Rhodes deal, and it's been all downhill from there. 

Rhodes was actually on his way back to Boro on the final day of the transfer window that January, with no deal brokered, until the loan with agreement to buy was announced.

That loan didn't fire us to promotion, the commitment to buy at the end of the season hampered us massively last preseason, meaning we were limited to loaning Venancio and eventually forking out for van Aken. In fact only van Aken and Pelepussy have commanded a fee since the Rhodes loan, 18 months ago.

It's great news he's gone today, especially if we are to insist on not playing to his strengths. Disappointed by Hunt, but guessing we couldn't match his edge demands on his new contract. At least we appear to be learning, sadly the horse bolted some time ago.

The OP has somewhat gone early in his criticism. We have a huge squad, and (currently) enough to stand an outside chance of the play offs. Speaking entirely with blue tinted specs

Edited by Hillsborough Mole