That survey

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Don't think anyone knows the real figures and facts on that subject :picnic:

I'm of the political position of exactly that opinion

(I didn't vote either way simply because nobody could give me any facts, any idea of what brexit or remaining will actually bring about, and nobody could say how it was going to ever be delivered)

If the people who got people voting for Brexit have run off, and the people left to bring about Brexit can't decide what Brexit is then how anyone could vote for it is beyond me. Nobody can agree what it actually is

But ask any brexit voting person and they're like 'YEP - I PROUDLY VOTED BREXIT ME!! AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS'

lol

Makes me laugh every time I hear/read that

They ended up voting for something nobody knows the definition of, that was pushed to them through media and advertising via facebook selling data to the Russians, and that they're not actually going to get anyway no matter how confident they are. It's just not going to ever happen. 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm of the political position of exactly that opinion

If the people who got people voting for Brexit have run off, and the people left to bring about Brexit can't decide what Brexit is then how anyone could vote for it is beyond me. Nobody can agree what it actually is

But ask any brexit voting person and they're like 'YEP - I PROUDLY VOTED BREXIT ME!! AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS'

lol

Makes me laugh every time I hear/read that

They ended up voting for something nobody knows the definition of, that was pushed to them through media and advertising via facebook selling data to the Russians, and that they're not actually going to get anyway no matter how confident they are. It's just not going to ever happen. 

To be fair the majority of people I know that voted for brexit don't say "I know exactly what it is" more like "I know exactly what I would like it to be"

Anyway as you said earlier ..................back to football lol

Guest Willow Owl
8 hours ago, torryowl said:

do we know for sure that he isn't borrowing the money ?...…...as for "were would we be" no one knows for certain but he's highly unlikely just walk away and you'd presume that he would sell us on,maybe even to someone who as a bit more nous on how to run a football club ……...i'm not criticising the bloke coz he as to run it how he see's fit but to be in the situation we are now with "star" players coming to the end of there contracts and the strong possibility that we cant offer them better terms when they  do end doesn't bode well . .

My point is, Mr Chansiri is funding it himself, not borrowing money to SWFC or borrowing from a bank in SWFC name. so the club has the debt to him or a bank.  (i maybe wrong and if proved so, i apologise). You also say you are not having a go but all your comments are just that. Are you also suggesting we offer these now ageing players another 3year contract on even more wages, putting us with an even  bigger chance of falling foul of FFP. I would rather try and sell them and reinvest, bearing in mind that a lot of these were brought in by the previous manager and have failed to get us promotion. 

I dont believe he has got everything right, but tell me any club that has. What i cannot understand is the people who continue to criticise at every opportunity. 

Guest Willow Owl
14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What a mess Can’t he just fine himself £10m for flipping up our recruitment, then put that in the kitty

Speaking of our recruitment history over, say last 30 years. How does DC  compare with previous regimes who have invested millions. Not much to compare against is there? So how do you class him as a failure. 

18 hours ago, slinger208b said:

Building on the investment doesn't necessarily mean more investing, was my point.

So no, you're not right...

"Build on the current level of investment"

To the vast majority that means sign players to build on the investment DC has already put in. That's how everyone at the time read it. 

If he wasnt going to build on investment and sell players, he should have said:

'Keep prices high and build on the investment in a couple of seasons time when the wage bill is reduced and FFP concerns are eased'

That's the club being clear and transparent with their fanbase.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

"Build on the current level of investment"

To the vast majority that means sign players to build on the investment DC has already put in. That's how everyone at the time read it

If he wasnt going to build on investment and sell players, he should have said:

'Keep prices high and build on the investment in a couple of seasons time when the wage bill is reduced and FFP concerns are eased'

That's the club being clear and transparent with their fanbase.

I believe that was the intention...

the problem is like ive said 100s of times is that chansiri knew nothing about football (which he admitted)and had to take advise of others ,doyen and others exploited this ,and then he let carlos have the final say on players jan 2016 onwards and look where that has got us , the club is now in a 3 year period of having to manage the mistakes , losing 20.8 million in 2016/2017 is a big chunk out of the running 3 year ffp loss of 39 million , as our wages are still sky high our losses for last season wont have dropped that much ,its going to be a long time before the club will be spending 5 million on a player or longer , and as there are now so many clubs with big investers and so many ex premier league teams with the money we are now not even top half competing for players any more. if you are going to invest in a championship club you need to do it wisely and not the way chansiri has done it . we now will be paying sky high prices to fund players like abdi fletcher jones boyd who all earn between 25-35k a week .getting through this financial black hole aint going to be easy ,im preying that we don't end up having to sell the likes of forestieri otherwise the trap door to league 1 could open again. 

Guest Willow Owl
6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I doubt that's true

These days the chairman can do literally anything he chooses because he has the support of a militant group of uberfans who will batter down anyone who questions the price of tickets, shirts, when the shirts will be on sale, why we're selling our players, why we're not buying anyone etc etc

He's in a no lose situation now.

Or it could be that us uberfans got fed up with the constant criticism by the keyboard warriors and decided to voice our opinions and back the club and chairman before he decides enough is enough and sells up. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, even if it disagrees with certain fans agenda's. 

I dont always agree with the chairman but its quite simple, If you're not happy then don't go or don't buy. 

4 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

My point is, Mr Chansiri is funding it himself, not borrowing money to SWFC or borrowing from a bank in SWFC name. so the club has the debt to him or a bank.  (i maybe wrong and if proved so, i apologise). You also say you are not having a go but all your comments are just that. Are you also suggesting we offer these now ageing players another 3year contract on even more wages, putting us with an even  bigger chance of falling foul of FFP. I would rather try and sell them and reinvest, bearing in mind that a lot of these were brought in by the previous manager and have failed to get us promotion. 

I dont believe he has got everything right, but tell me any club that has. What i cannot understand is the people who continue to criticise at every opportunity. 

i'm not suggesting offering them new contracts and i'd sell each and everyone of them tomorrow if the offers were acceptable rather than let them leave for free next summer …..it's easy to say sell them and reinvest  but not so easy to do , to replace players like westwood, lees ,bannan, hooper, joao lee with players of a similar or better standard would cost far more than we'll get for them due to there contracts coming to an end .it's not good business to have to do that and brings home the shortsightedness of his transfer & contractual  policies .

Guest Willow Owl
11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm not suggesting offering them new contracts and i'd sell each and everyone of them tomorrow if the offers were acceptable rather than let them leave for free next summer …..it's easy to say sell them and reinvest  but not so easy to do , to replace players like westwood, lees ,bannan, hooper, joao lee with players of a similar or better standard would cost far more than we'll get for them due to there contracts coming to an end .it's not good business to have to do that and brings home the shortsightedness of his transfer & contractual  policies .

Fair point

On 10/07/2018 at 19:29, Philb125 said:

But is it? Investing as heavily as they can, they can make a loss of 39m over 3 seasons, if we lose any more we are up shittcreek. 

As far as I can see he’s not looking to spend any less than the max allowed, just not spend more than that. 

If he turns a profit this year, then I can understand the gripe, but losing upto 9m of his money and us moaning seems a tad ungrateful. 

This in spades! I had a very intersting chat with one of Leeds directors yesterday and they remarked that we have done well to keep hold of the majority of our players. Leeds fans think that they will have a huge influx of top championship players but it’s simple they won’t as they won’t pay the wages! D.C. wants to put more money in but he can’t, so we will see quite a bit more wheeling and dealing this window.

FFP will hit 7 clubs this year very hard and hopefully not too hard at Hillsborough. Villa are frigged and Owe HMRC millions, be thankful Mr C has paid the taxman. We we should be very happy with the owner we have IMO. 

(On a funnier note I asked about Mad Massimo turning down FF and it was true, they didn’t like his attitude and when he scored Mad Massimo got even madder. Some great stories about Colin too).

• Like 1