BREAKING - Sheffield United make approach for #SWFC striker Sam Winnall

£5million and use of their hotel for taking the bit on the side (because my missus is far too classy to ever look there and so is everyone we know so it would clearly be the most secret place to take the mistress and her daughter)

24 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

He'll be out for action for ages.  An ACL injury is what, 6 months at least, and then he's had no pre-season?  I remember Wickham was out for over a year...Bolasie too.  If he's out until November, he's only going to be present for half of this season.  Would be a bit of a weird purchase.  Maybe they have enquired about his progress and it looks good...

Maybe they think we'll let him go on the cheap...

KATRIEN: ACTIVATE.

47B02B2200000578-5227151-image-a-90_1514850364720.jpg.625005200d9f0c645fdc868d674c4733.jpg

Is that a old picture of a young Janet street porter?

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Remember the performances of Leon Clarke . A man who,couldn't score for us  or who was often described as a cart horse. HE went to the Blunts and became a star.

Let him go, but has to be well over the odds to make up for when we have to see him kissing their badge when he scores against us.

I'd be surprised if there's any money on the table at all here. Or if there is, it'll be some utterly derisory amount.

Smells like United being United to me. They've got a sniff that we're in a bit of financial bother so want to kick the locals nest and chance getting a good player on the cheap while they're at it. Pull some interest out of the air, tell the papers, off you go. Comes from the same place as all the times they picked up known transfer targets of ours or our released players during the 00's. Coming off a season where they beat us and finished higher and have "one of their own" in charge, it makes sense for them and their mentality. Helps people forget "their own" engineering a contract dispute to stay and unrest about not signing anyone for 5 minutes..

We shouldn't let our own FFP concerns or his current injury distract us from the fact that he's at a good age, English and with scoring pedigree. Knock a million off Madine's valuation for the injury and start at £5m, rising to 7 or 8 million in add ons.

Edited by sheffield_dave

Probably stems from me playing way too much Football Manager, but I always thought clubs couldn't sign players currently out with a long-term injury due to them having to pass a medical?

I be very surprised if any club signed a player currently in ACL rehabilitation for £x million considering the risk of reinjury, future knee problems and uncertainty over post-surgery performance. 

• Like 1

There is no way a anybody would buy somebody who is currently doing rehab  for ACL injury. They either have poor information network or are just doing enquiry to throw scent of some other target. Possibly one we are looking at.

Having said that heard quite a lot of activity at S6 but nothing specific.

Gary Madine went for 6M, and has scored less Championship goals, and this is our biggest rivals. Some of your lot need to give your head a shake and get used to his new inflated transfer market, ffs a player just went from Norwich for 20M.

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I'd be surprised if there's any money on the table at all here. Or if there is, it'll be some utterly derisory amount.

Smells like United being United to me. They've got a sniff that we're in a bit of financial bother so want to kick the locals nest and chance getting a good player on the cheap while they're at it. Pull some interest out of the air, tell the papers, off you go. Comes from the same place as all the times they picked up known transfer targets of ours or our released players during the 00's. Coming off a season where they beat us and finished higher and have "one of their own" in charge, it makes sense for them and their mentality. Helps people forget "their own" engineering a contract dispute to stay and unrest about not signing anyone for 5 minutes..

We shouldn't let our own FFP concerns or his current injury distract us from the fact that he's at a good age, English and with scoring pedigree. Knock a million off Madine's valuation for the injury and start at £5m, rising to 7 or 8 million in add ons.

United have got problems of their own with co owners suing each other and heading to high court to resolve dispute.

Guest Maxine
2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Everyone's for sale Maxine as long as we are in "control" of the fee for them ...

I'd like to.keep him,  it will hurt if he's scoring goals for the pigs.

Perfect match for them.

Arrogant nasty streak - check

Doesn't seem to like Wednesday very much - check

In Wilder's big scouting book of lower league footballers - check

Ex Wednesday, so in their eyes if he's remotely successful there they'll see it as somehow getting one over on us - check

Will cost a few million quid - oh well, it was a nice idea while it lasted.
  • Haha 3

Purely mind games, based on what has been put into the public domain yesterday they'd be more likely to try to usurp the Smart guy on trial with us.

They may have a pot to wee wee in, but no one knows which owner is holding the pot and which is doing the weeing yet.