BREAKING - Sheffield United make approach for #SWFC striker Sam Winnall

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

To anyone else £2.5m would be about right but this is the Blades we have to double the price its expected.

2.5m in this market? I’d rather get him fit and scoring. The Madine deal should be the benchmark and he’s not 45% of the player he is lol 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

2.5m in this market? I’d rather get him fit and scoring. The Madine deal should be the benchmark and he’s not 45% of the player he is lol 

The problem with that is he doesn't seem to mix well with others. If he is getting us 20 goals a season you over look it, but if he is not fit or not playing then you offload. The injury was unfortunate but had Derby offered us anywhere near to £3m we should have snapped their hands off.

As for Gary Madine good luck to him - worked his rollocks off at Bolton and Cardiff spent a silly amount on him but this happens now with the restraint of trade transfer windows we had to adopt because of UEFA the old system worked so much better and team then didn't need to carry extra players because of injuries.

He'll be out for action for ages.  An ACL injury is what, 6 months at least, and then he's had no pre-season?  I remember Wickham was out for over a year...Bolasie too.  If he's out until November, he's only going to be present for half of this season.  Would be a bit of a weird purchase.  Maybe they have enquired about his progress and it looks good...

Maybe they think we'll let him go on the cheap...

KATRIEN: ACTIVATE.

47B02B2200000578-5227151-image-a-90_1514850364720.jpg.625005200d9f0c645fdc868d674c4733.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good player but had a bad injury and no guarantees he will be the same player. I would ask for 5 Million and if they don't have that then keep him for squad depth. I personally would have liked to have seen him play under Jos. He can finish chances but not sure how flexible he is to play out wide etc in Jos more flexible tactics. If fit would do well at Pigs, which is worrying.